Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
i have that too. Scotch tape probably doesn't hold up very good does it? While your in there take the spring out and put in a mechanical pencil spring. I couldn't believe how much better it was. I also did this to my marlin.

TONY

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry i don't have any pictures. But i could tell you just how to do it. First take your stock off. then take the pin that holds the trigger. then take the pin that holds in the sear. I'm pretty sure there are only 2 pins that can be removed. The spring will probably fly out of the sear. just stick the new spring in the hole where the old one came out. then all you have to do is line the holes back in, tap in the pins and put the clips back on them. now all you have to do is enjoy a much lighter trigger.

TONY

I'd be glad to answer any more questions if you are unclear

·
Registered
173 Posts
More free advise:
While you are at it, loosen the rear stud that holds the trigger group to the action and slide a 1/2 X 1/2" X .025 shim between the action and the trigger group, just in front of the stud, and retighten the stud. Creep will be gone and trigger will be even lighter!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I know the tape sounds hokie and I'm not ready to bet on it. It's a concept based on a comment from one of the board sages. He described to me how he had shimmed the trigger in his 10/22 with those little sticky doughnuts used to repair torn pages in a three ring binder. That and my desire to get shooting dictated the quick fix. But the more I think about it, it might be OK, the trigger doesn't move very much so the friction and wear should be minimal....we'll see.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
You may want to try cutting shims from an old soda can. last longer than the tape, just don't tell anyone at the range unless you want to see em laugh.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drilled a shallow hole(1 mm) in a block of wood and put a SS washer in the hole and then put against the belt sander and that sanded the washer down to the proper thickness. Word of advice the washer gets very hot so dont pick it up right away ,I got a doughnut shaped burn on my :t and finger now :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.