Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
my first change to my 10/22. I'd cut off the end of the stock, hit it with my palm sander for most of the big work, a sheet of paper for the rest, and threw some paint on it. I'd already widened the channel for the .920 barrel, but didn't have it yet, so the stock one was stuck back in it and I tried my hand at bedding the barrel. Turned out good, and shot real nice.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I cut the top from where the barrel band went (back side) and went down, adn then rounded it at the bottom. I thought about staining it, but I'd already decided that I was going to replace the stock, in fact by the time me and Mr. Scroll Saw was eventually done, the stock looks horrible :(

I used sockets wrapped in sandpaper to make the channel bigger, I started small and worked my way up, I figured that was the best cheap way to do it.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I used it to learn on. My first attempt at bedding got hosed, so I chipped it out, and redid it. I knew I was replacing it, but didn't want to screw up a good quality stock so I figured it was my guineau pig for all future work. I say tear it up, see what you can learn and learn from your mistakes!! :t

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.