Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing one of Sam's MKIII Hammer bushings in a MKIII 22/45.I used it to replace Bullseye's washer mod. If anyone has not tried one of Sam's (sg552-2) bushings,I would highly recommend it.

Best,
Don

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PM sg552-2 here about his bushing.just purchased two at $10 bucks each shipped.Also follow thread on MKIII side complete with photos.He has the best design for this conversion.

Best,
Don

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. Clark's bushing is $15 and sometimes requires a little crocus cloth to get it to fit.

$5 less for a drop in unit? Sign me up! :bthumb:
Clark's bushing kit also comes with an over-sized sear pin for the 22/45 - Gets rid of some more of the "Slop" in the TG. The Clark kit for the metal framed Mk II comes with an over-sized hammer pin in place of sear pin...

sg552-2's bushing is great if all you want to do is get rid of the mag safety and it appears to be of top quality. :bthumb: Glad someone is making a Mk II bushing now that Ruger doesn't sell their's any more...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Would someone please PM me Sam's address or his email address? I need to order a couple more bushings. It seem that I have picked up another 22/45 and I need a bushing for it and I may as well get a spare.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would someone please PM me Sam's address or his email address? I need to order a couple more bushings. It seem that I have picked up another 22/45 and I need a bushing for it and I may as well get a spare.
Sam is sg552-2.You can PM him.His bushings are designed to properly fit the MKIII factory hammer.They are not MKII bushings.

Best,
Don

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have PM'ed him. I do know that he is not on this site very much. If anyone has his address, I sure would like to have it.
Sam does not list his email address in his profile and spends most of his time lurking rather than posting.He will respond to the PM.It will take about a week for your funds to get to him in Canada and a week for the bushings to get to you but they work very well with a MKIII hammer.

Best,
Don

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the post, Don. I'm not sure how to list my email address on my public profile but if anyone needs to get a hold of me they can with the following address: sg552.2 at gmail dot com. As Don said, I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I do try to log in as least once every couple of days.

·
Registered
52 Posts
sounds cool! I had tried to get my hands on some mkII bushings through brownells, but they were long since out of stock.

I've already installed a vq accurizing kit, remind me-is this mod solely to disable the magazine safety, or can it further improve trigger feel?

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
Thanks for the post, Don. I'm not sure how to list my email address on my public profile but if anyone needs to get a hold of me they can with the following address: sg552-2 at hotmail dot com. As Don said, I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I do try to log in as least once every couple of days.
I sent him a PM a while back but haven't heard anything yet. :(
Try the email address in RED above...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds cool! I had tried to get my hands on some mkII bushings through brownells, but they were long since out of stock.

I've already installed a vq accurizing kit, remind me-is this mod solely to disable the magazine safety, or can it further improve trigger feel?
This hammer bushing is made specifically to do the following:

1:Eliminate the MKIII / MKIII 22/45 magazine safety.
2:Fits properly to the MKIII hammer.
3:Improves the fit of bushing to hammer (removes some slop).

Its design is an improved version of Clark's MKII bushing.It also is a drop in install.

Best,
Don

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
This hammer bushing is made specifically to do the following:

1:Eliminate the MKIII / MKIII 22/45 magazine safety.
2:Fits properly to the MKIII hammer.
3:Improves the fit of bushing to hammer (removes some slop).

Its design is an improved version of Clark's MKII bushing.It also is a drop in install.

Best,
Don
You were doing fine until you got to the last statement. :eek:

sg552-2's bushing is NOT an "Improved Version" of Clark's bushing KIT. Clark's kit comes with and over-sized MK II hammer bushing AND hammer pin for the metal framed pistols OR an over-sized Mk II hammer bushing AND sear pin for the 22/45. You use the stock pins with sg552-2's bushing. Also, I have installed several of Clark's bushing kits and only one had to be "Fitted" to the pistol.

sg552-2's bushing is a copy of this one: http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1223#1223

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Installed the first of two bushings from Sam (sg552-2) . It dropped in quite nicely, made re-assembly of the frame internals simpler, deleted the silly magazine interlock, and made the hammer less tight in the frame, making re-assembly from a field strip simpler as well.

Certainly a bargain at the price he charges, and worth the slight wait (in fact, I ordered from Sam (mail-order) and VQ (online) on the same day, and Sam's package came in between the 2 from VQ)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just finished installing my bushing from sam (sg552-2). BEST 10$ you can spend! Nice craftsmanship A++ just dropped in and smooth as glass. You need to buy one! THANKS SAM great work.:bthumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got my Sams' bushing installed and it works perfectly.

An added bonus in removing the magazine safety is that two of the Ruger factory mags that I was having trouble with now work flawlessly.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.