Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Same bolt release?

356 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  abbaswede
If I get the auto bolt release for the 10/22 mag, is it the same one as a long rifle? We should have a "parts in common" sticky so every one new can tell which lr and magnum parts are the same, and which are not. I'd do it, but I don't know that info. Just about to order a few bits for my magnum. Have the exact edge extractor coming, but I think I'll get a mag release, bolt release, bolt buffer, and target hammer too.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
522 Posts
Here is the PIC that was put up above, I took a snap shot and then removed with the PC art software the part that needs to be filed off. The little tear drop shape is all you have to remove with a small hand file, just leave a subtle roll there and that will have the release work like we all like them too. Hope this helps see what to remove...

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that got it.

Yep, that got it thanks. I'll do this when I get a chance. I have had the rifle apart for a few days, and I'm moving. So I'm not shooting or tweaking as much as I had hoped. Once fall comes I'll do more. I still haven't got my extractor yet, so no fix. I'm going to get that other stuff. Have to order from the US. No one carries VQ bits up here it seems. I can get it from rimfiresports.com, that's where I ordered the extractor from too. I had the 10/22 bug already, but sold my lr. I always loved 22 WMR, and had talked about getting a 10/22 one for ages, now it starts again! My mods will only be the small more invisible tweaks which mprove performance. Or so I say now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.