Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ONLY seven:
Todd was busy at the range (ranges) this month.
--------------------
I've only got 7 scores to turn in this month...all mine :) It would have been more, but I forgot to shoot the Ruger at 25 yards outdoors, and the 52B never came out of the box this month.
--------------------
50 feet indoors
--------------------
250-15x Todd Banks. Salem, New York (Renegade)
Ruger 10/22, Weaver V24 @ 24X, Lapua Midas M
GM SS 20" barrel, Kidd Match trigger, VQ thumbhole stock, bolt headspaced and chamfered, homemade bughole style tuner
--------------------
25 yards indoors
--------------------
250-11X Todd Banks. Salem, New York (Renegade)
Ruger 10/22, Weaver V24 @ 24X, Lapua Midas M
GM SS 20" barrel, Kidd Match trigger, VQ thumbhole stock, bolt headspaced and chamfered, homemade bughole style tuner

249-6x Todd Banks. Salem, New York (Renegade)
Suhl 150, Factory rifle except for a paint job, I've done so much scope swapping lately, I can't remember which scope was on the rifle when I shot this one, Wolf Match Target I've found out since I got the Suhl last week that it shoots Eley much better than anything with a Lapua stamp.
--------------------
25 yards outside
--------------------
249-8x Todd Banks. Salem, New York (Renegade)
Suhl 150, Weaver V24 @ 24X, SK Rifle Match
Factory rifle except for a paint job,
47 degrees and raining, SK is another ammo with the Lapua headstamp. By the time I got some Eley Tenex, the wind was blowing so hard, I couldn't beat this score.
--------------------
50 yards outside
--------------------
236-1x Todd Banks. Salem, New York (Renegade)
Suhl 150, Weaver V24 @ 24X, Eley Tenex
Factory rifle except for a paint job
This was my first target with this rifle, shot late evening, intermittant breeze that blew one out to the 7 ring, and two into the 8 ring. Hope to have some wind flags for next month.

218-3x Todd Banks. Salem, New York (Renegade)
Marlin 17V HMR. Tasco Mag IV 6x24 @ 24X, Hornady .17HMR
Trigger at a crisp 3lbs, Harris bipod

206-1x Todd Banks. Salem, New York (Renegade)
Ruger 10/22, BSA 36X Platinum, SK Rifle Match
GM SS 20" barrel, Kidd Match trigger, VQ thumbhole stock, bolt headspaced and chamfered, homemade bughole style tuner. The X was my first shot, it all went downhill from there! The wind was blowing so hard, it blew my target stand over just after I fired my last round at the target. I was holding the rifle still, and watching the target move as far out as the 7 ring.

I may update the indoor scores later. I haven't used up all my targets yet, and might get a chance to get to the range later this evening.

Sorry for the information overload!
Todd

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
Woo Hoo! I beat Renegade in the 50 yard click clack class! But then again, if the wind wasn't messin with ya, you woulda creamed me!

Great shooting Todd!

I'm liking how that Suhl is doin for ya. Maybe I'd better come borrow it, err....I mean check it out :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
RJ, I'm glad you beat that 10/22 score. We should have a pretty good 50 yard team score for this month.
Hopefully I won't be forced to shoot in the wind like that again, unless it's at a real match. It was a humbling experience, but kinda fun, too. I have a couple of pieces of orange tape stapled to my target frame, and I was trying to judge the wind by the feel on my body, and the tape blowing at the target. I think I saved a couple of shots from blowing completely off the bull by adjusting my point of aim. LOL, I'd have been down to Orange Blaster if I hadn't! :eek:

As far as the Suhl goes....I have plans. Stith Predator stock, Hoehn tuner....all I have to do is decide which one(or 2) of my other .22's I can sell to get the money to do it:( I can't believe how attached I get to these things. I had a real hard time trading off my other 10/22 for the Suhl:rolleyes:

Renegade

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hey Renegade,
Good shootin bud.I know what you mean about losing your 10/22 on the trade.I sold one which had a Boyd's stock and Shilen barrel and another with a Richard's stock and Volquartsen barrel.But,they funded my Anschutz 1710 HB and another Weaver T 36 scope.I still need to get a BR stock and tuner!!But it's been worth it so far.
Mike:)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Todd,

Looks like that Suhl is shooting pretty good already. You start tinkering with it and make it any better and we''ll have to set up a handicap division so you can spot the rest of us a few points.:D

Ken

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ken,
I was thinking the same thing about you and your Suhl!:cool:
Graybeard,
Yep, them bolt guns are hard to beat, but I beat myself at 25 yards indoors with the 10/22:) I'm still working on the Ruger. I can't give up on it now, I've got $500 more invested in it than I do in the Suhl:rolleyes: So far, that is.
Guess I'm just gonna always be a Click-Head, or a Bolt-Clack:D
Renegade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.