Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAFETY WARNING

Guess we should have known better, but we set out some “Exploding Targets” from All Purpose Ammo, L.L.C. Seneca, South Carolina. The label on the package says “Safe To Use Outdoors”. Well let me tell you that If we hadn’t had several inches of rain in the last few days we would have been up to our butts in one heck of a grass fire. We attached the targets on top of some shot up paper targets on a Cello Tex (spelling?) backstop. Big mistake. The “Exploding Targets” defiantly exploded. (Very Impressive) I believe a FIRE HAZARD WARNING is certainly called for on the label. I tried to contact the company through their web site but, guess what? Their gone. Should you want to try these out I strongly suggest you have a couple of buckets of water handy.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
rdavid,

Excellent input......! ! :)

We have many newbies who are eager to try all this stuff, and some maybe in dry areas of the country....! ! :(

A similar WARNING applies to any type of tracer ammunition.....! ! :eek:

While your immediate backstop maybe a "safe" area, how about where any ricochets might go...? ? :confused:

·
Registered
726 Posts
RDavid, those things do go bang pretty good, don't they? :p

I bought a bunch of those things about 10 years ago. Was at home one day fooling with the air rifle, decided to try one. Figured they just went POP, so I stuck one on the side of a plastic trash can and shot it with the air rifle from about 10 yards away. Didn't do anything. Put another pellet into it, still didn't do anything. Walked up to the trash can to see if I was hitting it. Yep two holes in the red. Put anther pellet in the rifle and shot it with the muzzle of the rifle about two feet from the target.

BWOOM

Put a hell of a hole in the trash can! :D
Wife and son came running out of the house, every dog in the neighborhood was going nuts. I guess I was lucky the neighbors didn't call the cops. (Course I was the cops at that time so they would've just given me a hard time about blowing up my trash can.) My wife still likes to tell the story about me blowing a hole in the trash can. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live in Seneca, When I was in the Navy these guys got in trouble for "something" when the ATF found out that they had supplied "Stuff" to the people out in Waco, TX at that commune. I'm not being specfic with the details because I was halfway around the world at the time and I don't know the details. I thought it was funny when I saw this post. I stayed quiet at first because I didn't want anybody to think I might know who these people are, I don't. I know they've been in this area for years and they don't have any kind of store or anything that I know of. I believe they have allways been mail-order and internet sales. I have a friend who has had some of their stuff in the past, All kinds of different 12 gauge shells, Armor piercing, exploding, etc. He also had a bunch of tracer rounds. I recall some exploding targets too. I can also remember stomping out a few grass fires myself. I did a search the other night, you can still get stuff like this off the internet, I believe their are a few other companys out there making exploding targets. Me personally, I'll stick to paper targets or ones that have fur.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.