Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

Hi Rimfire People,

I have not found anything on .32 rimfire at this site(tried a search several ways), so I thought I'd try try his post and see if there is
any interest or anyone else out here that has a piece in .32 rimfire. Mine happens to be a S&W model 2. I know there were also rifles manufactured in this caliber. To load, my S&W breaks up on a hinge at the topstrap. The 6 shot cylinder can then be removed and extraction accomplished by poking out the spent rounds with an extraction rod mounted under the barrel.

My problem is with the hinge pin screw. At some time in the gun's
history the screw was changed from a screw with a full shoulder to one that has a shortened shoulder. This causes a problem on
one side of the topstrap hinge and allows for 1 or 2 degrees of wobble in the barrel. I would like to find the corect replacement screw but have been unsuccessful at various gunsmiths and at
local gunshows. :confused: Am thinking bout writin to S&W. Are there places that make screws to order? I haven't researched that. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

Best regards to all... :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.32 S&W rimfire

:D

Thanks guys,

Thats kinda what I thought. This is a gun that has been in my family since my Great-Grandfather brought it back with him when
he mustered out of the U.S. Cavalry at Fort Huachaca, AZ about 1894. He was a pony soldier and he was the company cook. Geronomo was kept awhile in the stockade before he was sent back East. Great-grandpa got to take him his meals and got to know the old chief pretty well. I would like to restore this Mod.2 S&W to at least having all the correct parts. It's s/n dates back to
1862 so it may well have been used in Civil War action as well. Thanks for the replys.

Best regards,

Robert Donley
Jenison,MI

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.