Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I've got the .22 Magnum version in a 6" (648) that's very smooth and has a great trigger. I think that the quality is excellent.

The newer versions in .22 LR that are ten-shot have the stainless steel cylinder, the early versions had anodized alloy cylinders, FWIW.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I've got the 6-shot version of the gun you're looking at and I like it. Trigger was much better than the Taurus or Rossi I compared it to, even before I worked on it. My wife thinks it's too heavy, but I don't notice it, and with the Uncle Mikes grips on it it's a perfect twin to my 686.

One thing though--be sure to try the trigger first. The 10-shot ones have a different feel/rhythm to them on DA than the 6-shot guns. If you're used to the 6-shot guns you might not like it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine grows on me a little more after each range session. Lately, it's the gun that goes with me on every range trip. With nearly 2k rounds through it, the trigger has smoothed up quite a bit from what it was when new. One of these days I am going to get serious about benching it and finding which is the best ammo for it, but it's just so darn fun to plink with that I haven't gotten around to it.

BTW, I have found that MPro7 cleans the 617's stainless steel surfaces better than anything else I have tried, and it does so without any chemical smell. Just a quick squirt, a minute or two to set, a minimal amount of scrubbing with a brush, then a quick wipe with a cloth takes care of the carbon fouling.
DAL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.