Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think thats the model my dad just bought two days ago...i havent had a chance to see/shoot it yet (we live 220 miles apart) but i was wondering if anyone has any imput on these guns? has already but about 600 rounds thru it and has only had 2 jams, and i plan to give him my red dot to mount onto it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tried one once.

If I remember correctly, the sights are nice but the trigger is heavy (but hey, it's normal for a pistol in this price range). It makes great practice!

Red dot helps a lot! But you have to remember to pull the trigger slowly (no jerking), even if it's heavy and it seems to take forever.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I too have a Smith & Wesson Model 22S

Yep the trigger is terrible, but amazingly with a little practice and patients I have managed to get used to it.

I have two interchangeable barrels for my S&W22S. One is the 7" Standard Barrel that came with the Handgun. This barrel has always amazed for it's accuracy. I used it for Handgun Competition at our local club this past winter, and was quite pleased with it's performance. However for Off Hand Shooting I thought it was a bit too heavy, so I mounted a 4x Swift Handgun Scope on this barrel and now use it for Small Varmint Hunting.

I also purchased an accessory 5 1/2" Standard Barrel. While I really liked this barrel, I wanted a 4" like my buddy has for his S&W22A. Well S&W doesn't offer a 4" for the 22S in Sliver so I purchased a complete Sight Rib for a 4" 22A Barrel from the S&W Parts Department, and had a buddy cut and recrown my 5 1/2" Barrel to 4". Now this is a sweet handling little Handgun with the 4" Barrel. It carries like a dream in my Uncle Mikes Super Belt Slide Pancake Holster that I have for my S&W 645, seems to be quite accurate, and just plain fun to shoot.

Now I need to figure out what barrel / sight combination I am going to shoot Competition with this coming winter at our local club, and try to get the trigger tuned a little.

Good luck with the S&W.

Larry

·
Registered
111 Posts
Iv'e shot around 10000 rounds through my 22A, 5 1/2 bull barrel with a Tasco accudot and it is dead accurate. My trigger is crisp and is right at 4 lbs. I don't know why they are complaining that it is to heavy. For competion I could understand but mine is factory, no changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.