Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much deliberation, I ordered a S&W 22S in the matte/satin SS with wood grips. I fired a S&W 41 and although it's nice, I'm not sure it's worth over twice the price of the 22S. I also looked at the Beretta Neos, but I wanted a DLX model that aren't tested for CA yet, the ruger Mk II that I couldn't stand the looks of, and the buckmark which I loved, but didn't shoot all that well for some reason.

It should arrive before my 10 days is up, at least I can hope!

Helix

·
Registered
245 Posts
I looked pretty hard @ one of those, BUT because it was "different" (from the usual Ruger 10/45 & MarkII etc...) I decided to pass on it.
I might start looking again. I like it, but would like to shoot one, before purchasing...

Can you find extra magazines for it? (other than @ S/W) That was a concern of mine.

Hey good luck, & I hope it arrives early for you.:t

PS: Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I got a chance to shoot a rental at a local range and it was more accurate than I can shoot it. :) And I shot it a lot more accurately than the Buckmark 5.5" bull bbl.

Not sure on the mags issue, but I generally don't have more than 3/4 mags for anything but my comp guns.

Helix

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are essentially the same gun except I like the sight setup on the 22S and I don't think you can get a 22A with a bull bbl. The 22A is more on a standard or field gun while the S/Sport is more of a target gun.

Helix

BTW, On another board (GT), I've heard a lot of people having bad experiences with the 22A and 22S. Anyone heard the same thing here??

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought the 22s with 5.5 barrel and wood grips and love it.
I put a red dot on it and it shoots better than I do. The difference betwwen the 22s and the 22a is, the "s" is all stainless. The "a" has a alum. frame, I believe.

The 22a is available with the bull barrel and wood grips model# 107411

·
Registered
245 Posts
The one I was looking @ was a couple of years ago. It was "stainless" but had a blue-grey coating / finish on it? Looked kinda cool. I plan on using a dot site, and shooting bowling pin matches, with it.
Here in the Kansas City area, there's a club that shoots pins, every Wed. night. Sometimes they shoot .22 handgun, sometimes .22 rifle, AND always shoot center fire handguns. Great fun. Frustrating, but great fun. Great bunch of people!

If you haven't been to the site, here it is: http://joecichlid.tripod.com/midwestpinblasters/

Have a great day!:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought the 22s for me. Gonna buy the wife a stainless Mark 2 with the 5.5 bull barrel, because she likes the looks of it better:rolleyes:

When I get the itch to shoot a revolver, I got a stainless Super Blackhawk 44 mag, that scratches it real fast:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.