Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i buy an Russian rifle, a toz 78, this weekend will prove, if somebody has one, please told me if it is precise, thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Mate, I have to tell you that is not a good rifle to buy, very Inaccurate, does not shoot to point of aim. You get what you pay for, Cheap Russian junk. Most Russians since the fall of communism don't even buy them. I'm beggin you don't buy it, you'll regret the purchase.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
too late...

i buy the gun, the exterior looks spartane, but has a nice triger, adjustable for pull and travel, not overtravel, but looks easy to put an screw to stop the travel, and the interior of the barrel look like mirror, also has an full floated barrel, the wood is well made but the color is ugly, if any other opinion please let me know.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
serri said:
Hello, i buy an Russian rifle, a toz 78, this weekend will prove, if somebody has one, please told me if it is precise, thanks, and sorry for my bad english.
Hello Serri, I don't know anything about the toz 78, but your English is better than my Spanish or Portuguese.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
link with rifle

Here is a link of a page in finland http://www.sci.fi/~suominen/toz78.htm my rifle is not treaded for silencer, but the rest is the same, unfortunately i only understand the numbers in the page, but the photograps speak for an accurate rifle, i wish mine too, i will let you know how is shooting mine this weekend

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
First off, Welcome to the forums serri! Its good to see shooters posting from other parts of the world.

From what I can tell, it looks like the rifle they tested liked the Lapua ammo best. This does not mean yours will. Try different types of ammo to find out which shoots best in YOUR rifle. I don't know what types are available in your country, but try as many as you can. ALWAYS clean the barrel between types. Then allow at least 15 to 20 rounds before shooting for accuracy. That will give you a fair comparison.

I hope this helps! JL

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Good luck with your rifle, what are going to shoot with your rifle, Targets or are going to Hunt with your rifle. I feel your English shall improve every time you log on to the internet.:D

·
Registered
415 Posts
AZZA I am not familular with the TOZ rifles but I do have several Mosin Nagants that are great rifles for the money and had several nagant pistols also that were very well made. I guess you have had one to be able to comment on it so why are they junk in your opinion? I went to the finn site posted and I cannot read finn and I did not want to take the time to copy it and go to a translator site but if the finns have a article on it it cannot be too bad as they are particular on their guns from what I have seen. Jim

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Well, I can't read Finnish, but if my stumbling is correct, they were getting 9mm to 11mm groups at 50 yards scoped, very not bad!
That's in the .3's/.4's - less than half an inch with the Lapua ammo. The Finns are a shooting people, and they look like they like this rifle. I can detect a trace of Mosin influence in the design, and the rear sight is in a bad place - it interferes with the scope bell making the mount have to be too high. Myself, I'd lose the iron sights and go with a good target scope.
All things considered, it seems to be a pretty good rifle, barring the sights. :t

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aditional comments

Hello, in my country the rifle cost about uss 250, but mine was traded in a store for a CZ pistol, model 50 caliber .32 acp, exelent pistol ,but i almost dont use it, i'll shoot to an target at 50m, i have CCI standard velocity, Winchester T22 Target and Fiocchi Maxac Soft, here i cant find better ammo, i live in a small town, i have a 6x40 scope, to my test fire, its a cheap scope but it will serve, my primary use of the gun is for competition with open sight at 50 m, in the match position in a local club, today a friend come to see the rifle and borrowed me an tasco mount that is high, to non interfere with the scope.

Thanks for yours comments an advises, i have learned a lot reading this exelent forun.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
jh45gun said:
AZZA I am not familular with the TOZ rifles but I do have several Mosin Nagants that are great rifles for the money and had several nagant pistols also that were very well made. Jim
Yeah i know, I've got a Mosin Nagant 20" barrel carbine with a converted bolt hanle and a sniper scope mpunt woth a 4-12x45mmm Leupold scope.

It shoots 3/4" groups out to 700 metres.:D

It fires 181 grain lapua loads and 180 IMH loadinds as well.:t

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.