Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Trigger Guard on my recently purchased 10/22 looks like someone took a belt sander to certain areas of the gun. So basically it looks like well you know..........

So far I have been able to take apart the bolt, replace the hammer and trigger springs, hammer, modify the bolt release. I have yet to take out the mag release, trigger and safety.

How hard is it to get the safety out. Is there anything I should know ahead of time before I do that? Ruger CS is sending me a new trigger quard to replace the really bad one that came with the gun. They wouldnt send me out a trigger group unless I sent mine in first so the compromise was: Ruger send part, 45R do the rest!

:)

TIA

45R

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
On the safety removal....just get a clean area to work with a smooth surface...not shag carpet....the safety is pushed half way similar to removing the action from the stock and twist the safetyand you will feel the safety dentent plunger and safety dentent plunger spring be depressed by the cutout in the safety inside the trigger guard and then the safety can be pushed out.....at this point the plunger and spring CAN and sometimes does pop out if you don't cover the back side of the safety hole with your finger......the old pins that hold your trigger,hammer in the trigger guard might be tight in the new one and require a tap of a light hammer.....the hammer and hammer bushings might be tight or too LOOSE in the new guard...they make shims to take up extra slack.....the side play there will let the trigger action be inconsistant........watch the trigger plunger and spring to fly around when putting in the trigger in the new guard......same with the hammer spring and strut if you aren't used to removing it from the trigger guard........be sure to get the bolt lock spring positioned with the "dogleg" down.......HTH...good luck and good shooting!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Take a tip that Antlurz has preached quite regularly... while removing the safety, place the entire trigger guard in a one gallon ZipLoc bag. Do your work in there. If not, you might be calling Ruger and asking for another safety plunger and spring.
(I did):eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trigger group is complete. Took a total of 10 minutes to take the parts out of the old guard to put in the new guard. Thanks to the diagram sticky. :)

Function test completed. :) Everything is good to go!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.