Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just shot my 17HMR. It shoots great so I'll keep it and change the little things I don't like. Any recommendations on ambidextrous safety? I tried a Seekins Precision. The notch of the safety doesn't fit into the safety channel on the trigger group & it seems a little wide for the chassis. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So I was in a rush and didn't have much time when I tried that this morning. This evening I had more time and looked it over again. Both Seekin levers are removable from the safety body and they both needed to be rotated 180 degrees from how they came out of the package for the correct timing to work in that rifle - Rookie Mistake, SMH. It was still very stiff and was lightly rubbing on the trigger group body leaving a trace of aluminum on the safety. I reinstalled it twice with the same results. I swapped the Seekin for a very basic ambi safety from an AR. Both safeties work great now. The safety in the Precision works very smoothly and has long levers on both sides better suited for my kids. The Seekin is still stiff and crisp in the AR with fairly square corners. It probably takes more effort & digs in more than I like for a safety. For anyone with a S&W M&P15-22, the receiver is slightly wider than an AR. I installed a Seekin in mine a few years ago and that only worked because the Seekin is wider and I installed a small shim washer behind each lever. It works very nice and smooth in that rifle. I also had to change the plunger in the S&W from the cheap plastic one to a brass plunger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.