Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about some trigger work on my Mk II 512. It probably doesn't "need" anything, but I guess we all know how that goes!

I don't want to spend more then I paid for the gun in the first place but I also don't want to keep going back and doing a next necessary improvement.

Trigger, either Clarke or Volquartsen, sear and extended magazine release is what I'm considering, with a great big question about the Volq hammer.

The trigger and sear seem to be a "no brainer", and the magazine release is just a convenience issue given my small hands. I just can't figure out how a hammer (or a firing pin) can effect the accuracy.

My daughter and I are recreational shooters. Trigger work on my Taurus made a world of difference so I'm sure the trigger and sear are worth what it will cost, but are any other new parts a good idea, "while I'm at it"?

Thanks. Mike

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hello Happy Rabbit,

The term is 'Latch Time,' the moment between sear release and the bullet leaving the barrel. Any shooter induced movent in that time affect accuracy. Less time, less effect. Tends to be subjective, some shooters will notice the difference.

Sights, trigger job and finding the ammo your pistol likes. The rest is learning how to maintain your pistol and shoot accurately.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I put the whole Volquartsen accurizer kit in my KMK678GC two weeks ago. On Target Guns has them for $78.75. A substantial difference in trigger pull with this and the trigger has an over-travel adjustment screw and that helps a lot. I'm really glad I got it. One thing though, if you go this route, then download the dissasembly/ assembly instructions from this site and USE them. I tried to wing it at first and about threw the whole pistol through a window.
JS:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.