Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
36,633 Posts
You might get that but I think if you get that 1/2" at 25yds you are doing very well. The pistol is more accurate then the sights are even with your dot or, in my case, a 2X pistol scope. It is hard to see well enough to hold much finer than that. Having said that when magazines test center fire guns and get 2" at 25 they will tell you that is very good accuracy....and it is. That's how good the Ruger really is.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have owned one for a long time. It has been a good gun.
When I first bought it, I put a scope on it. I was squirrel hunting with it.
With the pistol scoped, off sand bags, with about ten different kinds of .22 ammo, my best was 1" @ 50 yards.
My gun preferes Winchester Super X and CCI Mini Mags.

·
Registered
644 Posts
My old ruger MKI 5.5 target bought in 1969 will still do 1inch at 50yds with a good solid rest and scope on it. It is old and on the 4th extractor and second main/bolt spring and hammerspring assemblies. Had it reblued in 1987 $18.00 if I recall correctly done by the Ruger factory. Want to ransom rest it but only have model 41 smith and 45 1911 style adaptors. I suppose one of these days I'll have to get the insert and see what it will still do. You'd think they would hold up better shoot it's only got right about 125,000 rounds through it. :) Other than the replaced parts and several different grips at various times in it's life it's been a keeper. Have to be careful with the 2 sets of grips I have as it is the older frame and the grips are really hard to come by. Keep looking for the old original wood thumbrest grips that came on it originally but they go way higher than I can justify paying.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Just a word about red dot sights. If you use a large circular black bull with a smaller white dot in the center, this type of target is easy to get precise alignment of the dot covering the white dot. You can get incredible accuracy with this type of target.

My point is that you have to use the proper target for your type of sights to get the accuracy potential out of your pistol.

The Ruger MkII is phenominally accurate. I have a standard model MKI that will shoot 3/4" at 50 yards with a red dot sight with several different kinds of ammo. For my eyes and age that's amazing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.