Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a close look at a Ruger 77/17 in a local dealer's shop. (I had gone to buy.) However, it seemed to have all things against it being accurate - barrel not free floated (it seemed to be a tight fit right along the forend), trigger heavy, bolt - two piece and 'loose' (hopefully it locks up with no play).
Maybe I am wrong ,but could this combination shoot 0.5"/100yd or 1.0"/200yd without being reworked? Has anyone acheived these figures out of the box?
Is this combination of 'features' unusual for a Ruger or was what I saw standard finish?

Regards

Titan :confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gillie Dog and mrmarklin

Thank you for your feedback.

I suppose the light barrel in a .17 would not heat up and throw shots in the way a light barrelled centrfire would do after 5-10 shots?

Would the 77/17 VBBZ be the better option for accuracy? ( I might have to wait some time for this model.)

Regards.

Titan

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dsorongan

Thank you

I went back to have another look at the rifle and enquired about ammunition. The dealer has not yet received his first delivery and has no idea when to expect some. So - I have a 'little' time to consider the purchase.

Titan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts