Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,307 Posts
Mine has a good trigger. Did Ruger put a better trigger from the factory? Mine is blue with gold trigger. Thanks!
Nothing "extra" was done to make the trigger better, as far as pull weight goes. At least on the one I have, it doesn't feel or measure any better than other Ruger Mark II pistols.
Since this picture was taken, shortly after I got this pistol, I installed a VC target sear and a steel trigger. That improved the trigger pull immensely.
Lipsey's had Ruger build 500 of these pistols as distributor versions and the gold trigger anodizing is a Lipsey's trademark.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing "extra" was done to make the trigger better, as far as pull weight goes. At least on the one I have, it doesn't feel or measure any better than other Ruger Mark II pistols.
Since this picture was taken, shortly after I got this pistol, I installed a VC target sear and a steel trigger. That improved the trigger pull immensely.
Lipsey's had Ruger build 500 of these pistols as distributor versions and the gold trigger anodizing is a Lipsey's trademark.

That's it! The trigger just feels smoother than my mkiii 22/45 with VQ sear. It may just be a mkii thing. I shoot the 22/45 most because I don't have to think about damaging the finish on the blued mkii. I may try a VQ sear in it.Thanks!

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
I have owned a number of Ruger MKII pistols, and in my experience getting a new one with a really good trigger pull is unusual and just a "luck of the draw" happening. I once owned a very nice blued steel Government model with a heavy creepy trigger pull and I just traded it off because of that. I have since regretted that move many times because all it would have taken was to spend a little money on a Volquartsen accuracy kit and the time taken to install it and I would have had a super nice pistol.

·
Registered
594 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.