Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
rear sight removal

Ruger actually makes a tool for this, but you can just drift it off with a hardwood dowel and a mallet. Some recommend heating both items will others recommend freezing...I am not sure which would be better...since I was going to throw mine away for a replacement I just used a punch and a hammer.

Drive it from the left side (movement to the right) and to replace drive it in again (or the new one) from the right-it is tapered. If you decide to just put on a scope there are dovetails that fit perfectly into the empty spot on the barrel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the idea, I think I'll let put some penetration oil on it for abit and then take a punch to this weekend.

by the way, does anyone have an extra rear sight that you can spare, and maybe I can get for the cost of postage ? I didn't think anything would break on this gun but it did. :( just any useable piece would work, thanks lots!

·
37,366 Posts
You can get the dove tail from Brownells. You can get a new sight (often for free) from Ruger. You can just take the base of the broken sight and a few minutes with a file make your own custom contoured dove tail blank!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.