Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I made a deal on an older Rossi Interarms SA a while back- sweet shooting rifle! It has the full length Octagon barrel with the top and sides of the receiver engraved. I have googled till blue in the face and can find no pictures or any other info about engraving on those rifles, anybody here ever seen one or owned one? Thanks for ANY help at all.

· Premium Member
11,529 Posts
Rossi seems to have two product lines , the simple and inexpensive, and the luxury line. Does yours have a metal crescent but stock?The luxury line used names like Puma, Cougar etc Unfortunately, both were imported by Interarms, whose record keeping was only slightly better than Rossis. The guns were good, at least we have that.

· Registered
184 Posts
I own several of the Rossi 62 series rifles. I shoot them in lieu of shooting my more valuable Winchesters. I will go out on a limb by saying that the Rossi rifles are made nearly as well as the Winchesters and are just about as accurate. I'd love to see an engraved Rossi. Please post pics.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope these pictures turn out, kind of a dinosaur with this tech stuff! I traded a Henry pump 22 magnum for this Rossi- got the Henry before they came out with the pump 22lr. Didn't realize how expensive 22 mag rounds were, might as well shoot centerfire! Sure would like to know more about this Rossi, the guy I got it from said he traded something with a buddy for it and he thought the buddy was original owner.

Attachments

· Registered
277 Posts
Well you got the way better end of that deal. Those are excellent rifles. Real Steal machined. Designed by John Moses Browning. Not pot metal zink like the Henry.

I don't know if that engraving is factory or done after it left the factory. Regardless that is a fine rifle.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very commendable rifle and photos. You even kept your feet out of the pictures.LOL
At the moment of clicking the pictures I realized my paws were in the frame--moved them out of the frame!!! I've seen quite a few pics of other people's firearms with feet, didn't want that for mine. LOL Good catch!

· Registered
5,709 Posts
I tried to get a photo of mine, but just couldn't get the right lighting set up. My octagon bbl model was in just about as good of condition for a used shooter as you could possibly find, but I swear, it has the most plain stock and forearm that I have ever seen on one.

· Registered
5,709 Posts
Here's a picture of the buttstock on mine. From all I understand, they had "Brazilian walnut" for the wood, but it is a tree that bears no nuts. Still pretty, tho.
That's very nice compared to mine. Mine is light in color and very plain, not much grain at all. Been trying to get a picture to post but have been pretty busy, had company.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts