Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Earl,
I answered your above post, but in case you missed it. Just push the release button on the left side and it should go back in...The shop owner probably has it back together already. No big deal!

In answer to your question. If you can find one with a good finish, buy it! For the money its probably the best buy out there. They are accurate and reliable and with a little polishing the trigger is pretty good. Lotsa overtravel though. I'm working on an overtravel screw on one of mine. Just gotta get an iddy-biddy tap.
I've bedded the action and the first 2" of the barrel and added a scope. Also refinished the stock.
I've shot in the BAB matches with it and have done very well. Usually in the top five at 50yds. Not too shabby for a sub-hundred dollar rifle! G'Luck JL

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
One of mine has the rough (spiral) finish on the barrel, the other is smooth. I kinda like the rough finish...its different! Plus it makes it easy to pick out the Rommy in the dark. Other than that they shoot the same.
The triggers do vary from rifle to rifle. It depends on what day of the week they were tooled. Mondays and Fridays have the worst triggers. Try to find one made on Tues , Weds or Thurs, they're the smoothest. ;)

A little stoneing and a Friday can feel like a Wednesday.

Your mileage may vary........JL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.