Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Earl,

Depending on which post you read, these things are somewhere between your first Christmas and your first kiss! There have been several posts on this site and several on the Miltary Trainer site:

http://www.hotboards.com/plus/plus.mirage?who=22forum

They were made on CZ/Brno tooling, look rough as all getout, but apparently shoot like the blazes! I have looked at them at the shows and have two friends with them. They've gone all out in bedding them, tuning them and re-finishing them and, like that girl who sat in the back row, "clean up real well!"

By the way, if you want to step up one notch, J&G Rifle Sales has the Brno cousin with a walnut stock for $148 and change. They're supposed to be pretty slick too. Since I'm turning my NS into a "serious" gun, and my Cugir's are single-shots, I'll probably end up getting on of each of these silly things. I've always said that a man can't own too many .22's!

Bill

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HELP!!!
i was messin with one at a store while ago / took the bolt out and can't get it back in !!!!
the owner wasn't there and i set it back on the rack/ now i gotta find out the trick and go back -n- fix it!!! HELP :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Earl,
I answered your above post, but in case you missed it. Just push the release button on the left side and it should go back in...The shop owner probably has it back together already. No big deal!

In answer to your question. If you can find one with a good finish, buy it! For the money its probably the best buy out there. They are accurate and reliable and with a little polishing the trigger is pretty good. Lotsa overtravel though. I'm working on an overtravel screw on one of mine. Just gotta get an iddy-biddy tap.
I've bedded the action and the first 2" of the barrel and added a scope. Also refinished the stock.
I've shot in the BAB matches with it and have done very well. Usually in the top five at 50yds. Not too shabby for a sub-hundred dollar rifle! G'Luck JL

·
Registered
472 Posts
I told you they clean up well! They're also very good to have around for when the "silly bug" bites and you want to spend hours working on something that cost you $69, as much for the satisfaction as for the look on the face of the guy next to you in the line with his "blank check euro-special" when you kick his butt!

Bill

·
Registered
283 Posts
Barrell

Ive seen several of these at the last few guns shows that ive been to, and thought about getting one to play with, but the ones i've seen all have the strangest looking barrell configuration I think I've ever seen. The look like a large screw, the outside must have been turned at about a hundred miles an hour, spirals from one end to the other. Are they all like that?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just looked a three , one had the spirals , the big diference was the hammer spring was different on all three , i mean seemed to be stonger on some than others , a lot stronger?????:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have 2...got them back when they could be had for $40 each. One is even still a rimfire. The other got converted to a centerfire based on the 25ACP case. Both will still shoot minute of squirrel easily out past 50 yards..or about 3/4"@50. Slick little truck guns or trainers. A bit tricky to scope due to the narrow and varying sizes of the top rail/rib.

http://pub109.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm23

Look for snobird1 and ask about the owners manual he wrote. Less than $7.00 and worth it from what I can tell.

Also check out

http://www.surplusrifle.com/romanian1969/index.asp

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
One of mine has the rough (spiral) finish on the barrel, the other is smooth. I kinda like the rough finish...its different! Plus it makes it easy to pick out the Rommy in the dark. Other than that they shoot the same.
The triggers do vary from rifle to rifle. It depends on what day of the week they were tooled. Mondays and Fridays have the worst triggers. Try to find one made on Tues , Weds or Thurs, they're the smoothest. ;)

A little stoneing and a Friday can feel like a Wednesday.

Your mileage may vary........JL

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have one. My advise is to handle them first, look for things like how the sights are aligned on the barrel, trigger pull (this can change once cleaned), fit of metal to wood, magazine fit, and bolt fit and if it is the original bolt, wood condition and if it has the cleaning kit in the stock. Check the bore and chamber.
The trigger can be worked on as can the wood, metal can be reblued. If the sights are off center something is wrong.
The bolt should go back into the reciever with no problem and on mine with out pushing the bolt release. Mine is fairly accurate as is (no scope).
I had to work on the mag well on mine to get the orginal and the after market Chinese mags to fit and work properly.
With the time you put into it, it can be a fine rifle that you can be proud of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.