Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Rob Behr's last Customer Service project.......

2008 33
Well, we just couldn't resist. To make a long story short, my HM2 was having accuracy issues at longer distances and had been sent in for repair/adjustment. Upon return shipping after re-bedding, then re-barrelling, the very special (to me) stock on my LVT arrived broken in return shipping.
Rob was put in charge of ensuring that I was once again made whole. The rifle was completed in time to pick it up yesterday, and we were able to receive Rob's last tour of Cooper Firearms before he leaves today for his new job.
The old stock looked like this:

The replacement wood was finally settled on after much searching, and a lot of effort on Cooper Firearms' part went into ensuring that I ended up with something that was comparable to what I had. It would end up being Rob's last major Customer Service project before leaving Cooper in order to stay in Montana.
The new guy filling Rob's position is "Mike", and he also needs to be given a lot of credit, making certain everything was 110% when I came to pick it up.
Considering that the wood on an LVT is commonly graded as "AA", and that the old stock was something kinda special to begin with, I think the considerable efforts made by the people at Cooper shine through.
I like to think of it as Rob's "Best work" to get me back where I needed to be............

The left side is a little less dramatic, but being a lefty I mostly see the right side.........

Overall, the quality, fit, finish and checkering are among the highest I have ever seen on a Cooper LVT straight out of Cooper Firearms. To do any better you'd have to get in line at Leroy's shop after paying a considerable amount for a chunk of walnut that is suitable...........

They also liked the way I had the trigger adjusted to a safe 9 ounces, and spent a fair amount of time ensuring that the rifle would shoot as it needs to after bedding the re-barrelled action into the new stock........ Somehow I just know its going to be a shooter.

Hotrod9mm and I were happy to enjoy the adventure of going over to pick up the rifle in person and shake the hand of a true shining star in the world of guns and the world in general, one more time. I have been given the gift of getting to know Rob a little bit along the way, and I am able to walk away already knowing that the "New Guy" in Rob's position has some very big shoes to fill......Indeed.
Thank you so much Rob for EVERYTHING, and a special thanks to ALL of the people at Cooper Firearms of MONTANA, they are a very special bunch. See ya at Whittakers!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I wish I would have had the chance to meet Rob. He has been very polite and professional with my Custom Classic issues. Looks like he/they did a very nice job of getting your LVT taken care of. I look forward to talking with Mike (Huggins?) as well. Maybe next year I can make it out there for the one shot and finally get a chance to meet the crew. They all seem to be very personable, professional and passionate about their craft.

Take care Rob and may this new path in life give others a chance to experience what a great person you are.

Randy

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wish I would have had the chance to meet Rob. He has been very polite and professional with my Custom Classic issues. Looks like he/they did a very nice job of getting your LVT taken care of. I look forward to talking with Mike (Huggins?) as well. Maybe next year I can make it out there for the one shot and finally get a chance to meet the crew. They all seem to be very personable, professional and passionate about their craft.

Take care Rob and may this new path in life give others a chance to experience what a great person you are.

Randy
Not 100% sure but I think his name is Hudgins. If it is I have dealt with him and he is a good guy. Barry

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts
hey, I think thats the wood Rob was going to use on my Varmint Extreme in 6mmbr. I guess I'll have to start stroking this "Mike" guy.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
same rock

I'd be a bit nervous about laying that beautiful stock on a rock.
Been using the same rock for about three years now, got all of the balance points figured out, the painted stocks go up on there for pictures just the same, the insurance company doesn't seem to mind at all, the trick is to set them into place, don't try to move them once placed is all.......

Now back to the regularly scheduled program........

·
Registered
169 Posts
My Rob story.

A few years back I bought a 204 Ruger in a MTV. I took it out 2-3 times for sighting in and load development. Then I noticed the stock had cracked behind the tang.

I called Rob and explained that I was off on a big PD shoot in ten days and asked what he could do. Cooper doesn't have spare stocks laying around. He went out to the shop and said he could help me. I overnighted the rifle to him, the replacement was made and he overnighted it back. I made my trip just fine.

Soon after that I visited the plant in Stevensville and had the opportunity to thank Rob personally.

Rob will be missed; however, I am happy that he has this opportunity to advance his career.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.