Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
dcc,

The ring height will depend on the Objective lens diameter of your scope. If your (1") scope has a 44mm or 50mm Obj. lens, you'll most likely need a set of Burris Signature Rimfire/Airgun rings (about $37 from Midsouth) to clear the barrel. They only come in one height, BIG! If your using a smaller diam. scope, (32mm to 42mm Obj. lens) you can probably get away with a set of regular "med" or "high" rings from Burris or Millet, depending on the actual size of your particular scope. Any rings you buy will need to be 3/8" dovetail style rings to fit the Marlins' grooved receiver, also commonly refered to as Rimfire or Airgun style rings.

Good luck, hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
This seems to be an ongoing question, and a good one. I too just got a VS and I am in the proscess of working out the bugs.

Has anyone tried the weaver detachable top mt rings? They come in high and extra high, they are less $$ also. I am going to put either a V-16 or a Grandslam 4.5 x 14 one is 42mm and the other 40mm, will the weaver rings work? Most are choosing the Burris sig. rimfire/airgun rings and that may be the way I go too.

V16---$249-$289
Grandslam 4.5x14---$324

Not that much price diff. but I would like to know if the Grandslam is noticeably clearier than the V16????? Let me here from you all who has looked through both of them ,Please.

·
Registered
103 Posts
smokeholeman,

No, the Weaver rings will not work! The only rings that Weaver makes in 3/8" dovetail style are the "LOW" rings that came with your Marlin. The Xtra-High, High and Med Weaver rings are all "Weaver" Style which need a "Weaver" Style reciever or scope mount. The Marlin is a "Dovetail" style.

Everyone uses the Burris Signature Rimfire/Airgun rings becasue they are one of the few available that are both TALL enough to fit a larger diam. Objective Lens (44mm to 50mm) and are also Dovetail style and will mount directly to the Marlins grooved reciever. If you're using a smaller Obj. Lens, a Medium or High Burris, Millet, BLK, etc. will work depending on the size of your scope. A Burris "High" is different than a Millet "High", etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.