Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a set of Tasco rings that I modified (machined away part of 'em so they can close down to grip the rail).. Unfortunatley the modified rings are only a partial sucess. (they slip, and they're cockeyed..).

Are there any rings that will close down to 9mm for this rifle? (yes, I know they're "supposed" to be an 11mm rail.. This one ain't... my other one has a 7mm rail and isn't even dovetailed, just squared).

Thanks in advance, of course!
Paul F.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've read that Millet angle lock rings work very well. I'm going to buy some for my Romanian soon and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
millet anglelock rings

I have the millet medium rings on my Romanian with the narrow dovetail. Had too use a dremel tool on them too get them too tighten. My dovetail is narrow but has a good undercut. The back ring must be foreward of the bolt handle as it doesn't clear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Brookie said:
Perhaps having them drilled and tapped for permanant bases would be the best solution. Of course you will kill the resale value of the gun! ;)
Resale value? I paid $75 for a new one, it can only go up from there... Hehehehe.. I did seriously think of drilling & tapping, there is a lot of metal there.
What size drill and tap would I need to mount a TO-9 base?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have NO qualms about drilling and tapping....

... But what base(s) would go good on it?

The space between the bolt-cut and the chamber-cut in the reciever is too short for most weaver bases (at least the #'s 12, 16, and 17 I had handy), and the bolt has to ride pretty close to the centerline...

If you know what bases work without getting in the way of the bolt, I'll get Brownells on the stick and have 'em ship 'em to me and I'll have the Romanian in the Mill-drill the day they arrive!

I'll make sure to keep it out of sight of Collectors... lest they be put into a tizzy over the "mutilation" of such a piece ;)
They'd be sure to notice the fact that 2" of the muzzle is already gone too...

Thanks for the tips on rings! I'm thinking the millets sound like the best plan at this point.

Paul F.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.