1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Partial Information

OnTarget,

OK, you're using the TO-9 Base [on a 10/22], but:
1. What barrel...? ?
2. Brand, Model, Power [with or without an AO] of Scope...? ?

As objective bell diameters vary 'all over the lot', the above info is needed to select the lowest ring height to clear your barrel. Also, the Brand of rings you will be using, as no two are the same height...! ! :(
........a scope with a 42mm objective.
Objective lens diameter, or, objective bell diameter...? ? :confused:
As a 'rough guess', you will probably need Medium rings as a minimum...! !

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be using a .920 BBL.

Scope brand? Not sure yet.

Yes with adjustable AO

Is the 42mm lense diameter or objecttive bell diameter? I'm not sure :(

When they advertise a scope with say 3-12x42 is the 42 usaly the objective lense diameter?

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
OnTarget,
the outside dia. is what you concerned about. My Tasco is 56 mm Objective BUT the outside diameter of the sunshade and bell actually measures 64MM.
Different brands of scopes with 42mm objectives will measure different on the OD.
You need to pick out the scope before you know exactly what rings you'll need.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Objective Lens vs Objective Bell

OnTarget,
When they advertise a scope with say 3-12x42, is the 42 usually the objective lens diameter?
Yes, the 42 is the clear objective lens diameter in "mm"...! ! :)

However, scopes with a 42mm objective lens size can vary in outside diameter from 48mm to 56mm...! ! :eek:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the scope i'm looking at and it's specs. I'm thinking medium rigs will work.

Bushnell Sportsman Scope 3-9x 32mm Adjustable Objective Multi-X Reticle Gloss
Tube diameter: 1 inch.
Objective (front) diameter: 48mm.
Ocular (rear) diameter: 42.60mm.
Adjustable objective: Yes.
Adjustment click value: 1/4 minute of angle - fingertip adjustments.
Eye relief: 3 inches.
Field of view at 100 yards: 40 feet @ 3X, 13.1 feet @ 9X.
Lens coating: Multi coated.
Length: 12.2 inches.
Weight: 16.3 ounces.
Rings: Fit 3/8 inch grooved receiver and are .500" high from top of base to bottom of ring.
Notes: Suitable for Air Rifle, Rimfire. One piece tube. Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
48mm Objective Bell....? ?

OnTarget,

With that 48mm objective bell, you will need High or EXTRA High in the "Weaver" DTM rings....! ! :eek:

Note that the scope ships with .500" high dovetail rings...! ! The "Weaver" T0-9 base is ~ .125" high; add 0.332" for the High DTM rings, and you only have .457"...! ! The EXTRA High DTM rings are .560" high, which is what I am using with a WTC18 [6.5-20X 50mm AO (63mm bell) ]...! ! :eek:

Better hope to hear from someone who has mounted one of these scopes to be certain....! ! :eek:

PS: A 48mm objective bell on a 3-9X 32mm scope is a bit wild...! ! :confused:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm don't make me second guess.

Here is a pic

The reason i picked this scope is becuase my other option was the Tasco Varmit series and i hear too much negative opinions on that scope. I'm hopeing this one will be better? Your opinion?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
OnTarget,

I have seen the picture; I have read the specs; I have checked the "Bushnell" Site, and found useless information...! !

I have seen neither scope, nor used either scope, so I can not offer an opinion one way or another...! ! :eek:

Sorry.... :confused:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Re: Ring hight?

OnTarget said:
I have a weaver TO9 base and plan on getting a scope with a 42mm objective. Would i need medium or high rings? This is on a 10/22.
And the answer is.............. it depends on the rings you intend to use. Some non-Weaver brand, Weaver-type rings DO NOT fit well on the T0-9 base because of its thin dimensions. That's why I don't recommend the T0-9 base for the 10-22.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.