Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With ammo prices like they are, I'm intrigued with the possibility of 'Rimfire IDPA' competition. My EDC is an S&W SD9 (I choose this because it meets my current needs. My former EDC was a 9mm Kimber ProCarry.). I recently bought a full-sized M&P 22 as an 'under study'. If any of you participate, please educate me. TIA

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I compete IDPA and Bullseye with 22LR

I compete IDPA with a SW model 41 with a reflex sight.

If you want to do good in IDPA, you should really get into bullseye competitions or as it is now known, Precision Pistol competitions. It is a lot tuffer then IDPA and to succeed at bullseye requires mastery of the basic fundamentals of pistol shooting which transfers directly into IDPA.

When I shoot in the IDPA matches, they take one look at my targets and say......"dang, another bullseye shooter". :)

For what it is worth, my Bullseye gun is a Pardini SP new bullseye edition which is an amazing gun but not too practical for IDPA. (only 5 rounds in the mag, among other issues).

Go ahead, track down your local bullseye team and start going to their winter indoor competitions and practices. doesnt cost much, lotsa fun, and i can guarantee you that there are a bunch of great people there too!

Regards,
Crankster

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've shot IDPA before using a Beretta 92FS. I'm a former LEO and have won my share of competitions. I'm also an NRA instructor. I should have included that. I'm simply looking for something 'different'.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Rimfire steel challenge matches available.

There are rimfire steel challenge matches available. Occasionally sponsors have prizes to give away. In the distant past I shot IDPA and would think you would be allowed to shoot the course with a rimfire, just not eligible perhaps for official standing etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts