Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got a little time to go to the range today with my son. By the time we got there it was 56 degrees and light raining. After a little bit of shooting we decided to try shooting the Rigger Ammo Challange. I was shooting "Spirit" the gun that also got in the .25 inch club. with the same setup and same ammo. I really need to do some improvements on the gun. First up is the trigger. Thought I was going to pass out a couple of times wait on the trigger to break.

19"Heavy Taper Green Mountain Barrel
Pillar bedded beech deluxe stock opened up for the barrel
DIY bolt handle
Simmons ProHunter 6-18x40 set on 12 power
factory trigger I haven't even change the bolt release.
torque 18 in lbs
PMC Zapper ammo

Winter project Trigger Job !!!

·
37,299 Posts
That is some fine shooting with a very nice rifle! You are right though you will like it much more with a better trigger. Still THAT is a target to be proud of!! :bthumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Vincent an trust me I am. My son said " let me see if I can beat you". Luck for me it started raining harder, bet he still shoot dang good. Two of his groups was under .25 in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
That is a fine target to be shot with cheap ammo. If not for the one ''flyer'' on group three, you would have easily made it. The average of all four groups must be .250 or less, if I cyphered correctly your average is .268. I'm sure you'll make it next try :gun4: RH

·
Registered
56 Posts
86c, this was tough enough even before the 22 ammo insanity. At the time, we agreed to use Midway for a pricing scale and CCI mini mags 40 gr round nose as the start of '' not cheap'' ammo. Anything cheaper was considered '' Rigger Ammo''. That's still the only way I know to do it, but Midway's prices are no longer reflective of the market. CCI MM is priced at $35 a brick, or .07 a round. I'd love some of that action, wouldn't you?!?! But Rem Golden Bullet bulk is still about .045 a round there. All I can say for now is to use Midway's price for whatever ammo you have on hand( regardless of what you had to pay for it) as a ruler. If there's something not on the list that should be, bring it to my attention. Maybe things will level out soon and we can re-do the list. RH
So to clarify, are we going to use the "CCI MM is priced at $35 a brick, or .07 a round" as the ceiling, or whatever the current price that Midway shows for CCI MM? Reason I ask is that when I checked their site, they did not have a 500 count brick available, just the 100 count boxes. The price is essentially the same, but just want to make sure I'm doing it right if I play.

·
37,299 Posts
So to clarify, are we going to use the "CCI MM is priced at $35 a brick, or .07 a round" as the ceiling, or whatever the current price that Midway shows for CCI MM? Reason I ask is that when I checked their site, they did not have a 500 count brick available, just the 100 count boxes. The price is essentially the same, but just want to make sure I'm doing it right if I play.
I might be wrong but I think roothog was saying Mini Mag is the START of NOT CHEAP ammo. That is how I read his post but hopefully he will stop by to clairfy but in post #13 he says:

Anything the same price as CCI MM's or higher will be invalid
So no Mini Mags which are not cheap ammo in my book either but it is his game, not mine. Hope that makes sense. ;):D:bthumb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, I understood the CCI MM were the cut off line, so anything less than their cost (roughly $.06 a round or lower) should be okay (I think).

The problem is trying to find anything. I've yet to find a shop in our area (Northern VA) that has anything in stock for less than $4.25 for 50. It's also difficult to find any low cost ammo anywhere online.

·
37,299 Posts
There is a list of approved ammo no matter what you pay for it in post #1. There are a lot of choices there. Maybe you can find one of them.

·
37,299 Posts
There is a list of approved ammo no matter what you pay for it in post #1. There are a lot of choices there. Maybe you can find one of them. :)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Vincent is correct, the list still stands for now. With Quiet 22 on the midway site for 29.95, it stays on the list. What you have to pay doesn't matter, Midway is the ''rule of thumb''. Hopefully you can find one of the list's entries somewhere. Maybe the ammo shortage will end soon. RH

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
O.K., reading this a number of years after it was inititated, I have some questions:
Is this still running?
What are the "approved" ammos nowadays?
"Superstock"? Will my CZ455 with nothing except a bolt polish do?
Does my 10-22 with radiused bolt, Que'd barrel, Gunsmither v block and VQ target trigger qualify?
Thanx!:)

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
O.K., reading this a number of years after it was inititated, I have some questions:
Is this still running?
What are the "approved" ammos nowadays?
"Superstock"? Will my CZ455 with nothing except a bolt polish do?
Does my 10-22 with radiused bolt, Que'd barrel, Gunsmither v block and VQ target trigger qualify?
Thanx!:)
Clem E took the game over, and it hasn't been shot for a few years, but you could post there and see he's still running it. https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828146

Your 10/22 sounds like it meets the SuperStock rules. But your CZ doesn't.https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210431

Your CZ bolt can be shot in the same type game in the CZ section that Clem E started a few months ago. https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1226005

·
37,299 Posts
Clem E took the game over, and it hasn't been shot for a few years, but you could post there and see he's still running it. https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828146

Your 10/22 sounds like it meets the SuperStock rules. But your CZ doesn't.https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210431

Your CZ bolt can be shot in the same type game in the CZ section that Clem E started a few months ago. https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1226005
I would agree with this completely. Have fun!:bthumb:

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.