Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
O.K., the ammo list has been updated, please look it over and see if you spot any mistakes. Time to submit your own entries to the ammo list. Everything is in place, time for you pirates to SHOOT SOME RIGGER AMMO!! :gun4: :crossbone RH

·
37,291 Posts
Looks like you got a good batch of Blazer!! You know it is weird but the smallest group I ever shot in SuperStock (or one of at least) was with a "Bandit" Carbine and Blazer but a VERY special barrel. The barrel was the first customer rechamber Skeeter27red who owns Rimfire Technologies ever did, it is serial numbered #001.

It was the very first group I ever shot with it and this was long before we were torquing take downs and using inner tube supports or even playing with bolts. I think it did have aluminum tape bedding but I am not certain. Anyway the very first group was .059":eek::eek: With a bandit shooting Blazer. For about 25 years Blazer was the only ammo that first 10/22 ever saw except when we were hunting and then it got Stingers or MiniMags.

GREAT shooting Clem and a neat little Bandit. If I were you I would take a empty box of that Blazer back to the store and see if they still have some of the same lot #:D:bthumb:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
it was the last brick they had at the range. i just bought it today since i was getting low on ammo and wanted some cheap. i did have some fliers on a couple other targets i shot with this brick, but all the moons aligned on this target. since it is 4 shot groups i think they all woulda grown with 5 rounds, as is normally my luck. i wasnt so lucky with the winchester 333, rem subs, rem target and fed 510 i shot today. heck, i had some sk std + today that didnt shoot this well, close but not quite. i am definatly going to be on the lookout for more of this lot #. i probably shot at least 150 rounds out of that brick of blazer. today guys around me with their savage 64s, box stock 10/22s ect were wondering how my little 'stock' rifle shot that well. lol.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Arrrrr!! Congrats :) Looks like Capn' Hook turned out true to his name...... a pirate thru n' thru :crossbone
Some real nice groups there, for any ammo! I'll getcha on the board, pronto. Anything ya want to tell us about the mod's to tha Capn' ? RH

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
hook has PC trigger parts, a home made bedding kit from a washer, i did the bolt release mod, a PC extractor and a Que reworked factory tube that really likes having a barrel band around it. it was a bunch of spare parts that i bought a receiver for. it turned out to be a decent little shooter. to say i am pleased with the results would be an understatement.

·
Registered
187 Posts
A couple Targets for the Po' Boyz

Chopper has been shooting exceptional groups lately and I went out this morning to see if I could get a couple Zees on the same card. Could only manage one that was .074" so I broke out the Federal Automatch and some Winchester 333 to try and get the Rigger Ammo monkey off my back. Two targets looked good enough so I did the measurments and took pictures of them for you. While reviewing the rules I noticed that my targets only had to "Average" .250" or better, I thought I had to have each group under .250". What a doofus, I have been shooting many targets in the past that met these requirements and didn't submit any thinking they were not good enough. Just prooves its always good to read the directions first.
Here is the one for Federal Automatch with an average group size of .215"

And this one with Winchester 333 & an average size of .239"

And Chopper my DSP with Nemoized GM Heavy Taper barrel.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Very nicely done ( beautiful wood, by the way :) ) get you posted right away. RH

·
Registered
187 Posts
CCI Blazer

I ordered two of the 525 bulk packs of CCI Blazer from Palmetto State to see if Chopper might like it and because it was only $15.99 and free shipping. Boy am I surprised at how good it shoots with Chopper without any FTF or problems of any sort. It shoots a better avg than my old rigger favorite Fed Automatch and nearly as consistant as CCI Standard Velocity. I even managed an astounding .076" group with this stuff. I wish I had bought more as my go to bulk ammo, I think I am turning into a CCI man.

Here is my entry for Chopper in the Rigger challange for Blazer ammo. I will submit the lower half of this target with groups of .206, .317, .178 and .076 with an average of .194". Thank you roothog for putting this on for us, I appreciate it. Zap

And of course the lovely Lady:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
You're quite welcome, Zap ol' buddy. Very nicely done, & once again you're added to the board. You an' your lady are settin' a challange for the rest of us. How bout' it maties, anyone else think they can join Chopper on the board?? RH :gun4:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hooweee! That rifle's too purty to shoot that good! Well done, Zaphod! :bthumb:

Oh... just wanna say it's great that this awesome game by Mr. Rigrat is still running. Thanks, RH, for grabbing the helm of this blighty tug! Aargh!

I been away a while dinkin' around with handguns and such but then my old case of rimfiritis came back with a vengeance. :rolleyes: So here I am digging in my toybox for something else to play this game with. I think I may have a few rounds from that old carton of GBs around here somewhere. ;) Later.

·
37,291 Posts
Zappy that is quite an amazing target...er....targets! Man why buy "good" ammo if it shoots like that all the time?

Congrats on some great shooting and a fine shooting rifle. Good to see some one is having fun. Weather here may have just started to get cool enough to leave the house again.

WAY back when Skeeter was just getting going he did a stock barrel for me. Serial #001. First ammo I tried in it was Blazer and the first group was .059" if I remember right. I have been shooting that stuff since 1976 and I have never gotten a bad batch. Good, cheap, ammo just what this game was supposed to be about:bthumb:

I have not shot that barrel in years but it is not going anywhere either:D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Shot a few targets since this one. Few better groups but no targets better than this. Going to save the Blazers I have left to try and get another gun or two in. Good game. Congats to all on the list. Classic III stock with rear of action epoxy bedded. Skim coat over takedown area. Small rubber pad at tip of stock. Shilen 20 in. barrel. Que reworked bolt. Kidd charging and trigger kit. 18 lbs. on takedown screw.
IMG]

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
My apologies to bobcatr for the late listing to the game, I just fell down on the job :( . Very nice SuperStock build and a fine target for sure! I love that stock, wish I had one. Congrats, bobcatr!! RH ( If Rig Rat gets wind of this, I'm walking the plank....sure!!!! :crossbone )

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Hey roothog,

I would give it a try but I don't have any of the ammo on the list in the rules post.

I do have have some Rem Golden Bullets and also some CCI SV and CCI Mini Mags.

The Golden Bullets are held over from 2 years ago when cheap bulk ammo was both cheap and available.

My barrel is not match chambered so I am not sure I could pull it off but I'd be willing to try. :D

I am sure I can do it with TAC-22 ammo that I just got for 10cents/rd but it's on par (more or less) with SK+, SK magazine, Wolf MT.

CCI quiet right now sells for more than CCI SV. Both are in the 8cents/rd at best but mostly found at 10cents/rd or more IF you can get it for that.

SK magazine technically is bulk. Again right now at 10cents/rd.

I think the lack of availability of bulk ammo and the high price if one can find it are the reason why people haven't been shooting this game much lately.

What are you thinking at this time regarding the rules as for what constitutes cheap ammo these days.

Some pretty decent stuff comes in bulk packages like SK magazine and CCI mini mags (swamp people bulk packs).

Some pretty cheap junk still comes in 50rd boxes too.

Hard to sort things out these days with the current situation :(

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
86c, this was tough enough even before the 22 ammo insanity. At the time, we agreed to use Midway for a pricing scale and CCI mini mags 40 gr round nose as the start of '' not cheap'' ammo. Anything cheaper was considered '' Rigger Ammo''. That's still the only way I know to do it, but Midway's prices are no longer reflective of the market. CCI MM is priced at $35 a brick, or .07 a round. I'd love some of that action, wouldn't you?!?! But Rem Golden Bullet bulk is still about .045 a round there. All I can say for now is to use Midway's price for whatever ammo you have on hand( regardless of what you had to pay for it) as a ruler. If there's something not on the list that should be, bring it to my attention. Maybe things will level out soon and we can re-do the list. RH

·
37,291 Posts
86c, this was tough enough even before the 22 ammo insanity. At the time, we agreed to use Midway for a pricing scale and CCI mini mags 40 gr round nose as the start of '' not cheap'' ammo. Anything cheaper was considered '' Rigger Ammo''. That's still the only way I know to do it, but Midway's prices are no longer reflective of the market. CCI MM is priced at $35 a brick, or .07 a round. I'd love some of that action, wouldn't you?!?! But Rem Golden Bullet bulk is still about .045 a round there. All I can say for now is to use Midway's price for whatever ammo you have on hand( regardless of what you had to pay for it) as a ruler. If there's something not on the list that should be, bring it to my attention. Maybe things will level out soon and we can re-do the list. RH
roothog is oh so wise in his ways. Not my game to run but I fully agree. :bthumb:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I got you. Sorry I didn't see the part about it having to be less than Mini Mags. I must say however, CCI Quiet was on the list. It has always been more expensive than Mini Mags.

I have always used Midway's prices as fair standard. Not the cheapest but not way overpriced on anything either.

Unfortunately, they just last month cancelled a long list of back orders of mine from well over a year ago. They say in the cancellation notification that they cannot project full-filling the back order within the next 12months. :(

Most of the orders were for cheap bulk ammo and mostly only 1 brick/box.

To their credit, all the Mini Mags I have on hand now as well as all the Golden Bullets I have on hand now were back orders that were filled by Midway. Back orders that were projected by them to ship within 90days at the time but some took a whole year. :eek:

I had a similar situation with Brownell's. They took back orders on 1/2 case of game shok and 1/2 case of Golden Bullets. It took a year to get the game shok. Then they cancelled the back order for golden bullets. The game shok is very similar to mini mags but the price was less from Brownell's than Blazers from Midway. I would ask for clarification on that product but I already know I can get better groups with Golden Bullets believe it or not. Therefore moot point on the game shok but the inability to get cheap bulk ammo for under 5cents/rd is still the problem for all of us. :(

Well, anyway, I'll find out what mine can do with Golden Bullets but since it is a factory barrel I don't expect to make the list with this one.

It would be nice to see more people who can make these games list do it!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Can't remember how Quiets got on the list, but I will double check and they may have to come off. Thanks for the kind words, Vincent. You should have a talk with my Ol' Lad..... eeer, my beautiful wife. She doesn't share your opinion!! :p RH

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.