Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while ago someone submitted a post inquiring about different ideas on how to display rifles on their wall. I searched for that post but couldn't locate it. I snapped a couple of pics of what I did a couple of years ago. I used 2.5"x2.5" pieces of pine, and doll rod. Secured the rod at a slight upward angle with wood glue in the center of the 2.5" blocks, and nailed the blocks to the wall. Simple and it works well.

·
Registered
18,780 Posts
That looks nice, but those bows are the wrong brand. They should be Mathews.:D All of my guns are in a safe. I would like to display them, but too many people would want to take them when I am not around. It was safe to do that when I was a kid, but that was many moons ago.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Gizzy, those are my "ready to use" rifles for varmints and such when I need to use them at a moments notice! All my others are locked in my safe. Besides, I have 2 German Shepards that patrol the house when nobody's home. If anyone can get by them and get away with my stuff they earned it!!! :D Oh ya, I tried that Mathews stuff for a couple of years, blew up a MQ1, have a few problems with a few others, they're decent but I'll stick with my Hoyts!

·
Premium Member
1,137,362 Posts
Deer heads are too small. :p Nice place. I made some out of bent deer feet and put wooden dowels into the bone but just didn't quite seem sturdy enough to put my favorite rifle on. Maybe cause I made it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deer heads are too small.

Those are shed antlers.....;) Let's see who's the first person who can find the 10-22 magazine located somewhere in the top photo (hint: it's not in/on the rifle)....:bthumb:

·
Registered
18,780 Posts
Gizzy, those are my "ready to use" rifles for varmints and such when I need to use them at a moments notice! All my others are locked in my safe. Besides, I have 2 German Shepards that patrol the house when nobody's home. If anyone can get by them and get away with my stuff they earned it!!! :D Oh ya, I tried that Mathews stuff for a couple of years, blew up a MQ1, have a few problems with a few others, they're decent but I'll stick with my Hoyts!
I used to shoot a lot of competition archery and if you weren't shooting a Mathews, you were not with the elite group of shooters. I used to shoot a Hoyt years ago, but for indoor archery, the Mathews was the "Cadillac" of bows. Most of the state champs around here used them, and those who shot the 3D stuff and were in the top or winning their class, all used Mathews bows. Well, all but one, and he used a Pearson. I loved mine, but got burnt out of it after shooting indoors for 8 years in a row.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used to shoot a lot of competition archery and if you weren't shooting a Mathews, you were not with the elite group of shooters. I used to shoot a Hoyt years ago, but for indoor archery, the Mathews was the "Cadillac" of bows. Most of the state champs around here used them, and those who shot the 3D stuff and were in the top or winning their class, all used Mathews bows. Well, all but one, and he used a Pearson. I loved mine, but got burnt out of it after shooting indoors for 8 years in a row.
I know what you mean. I did the same thing for quite a few years. Indoor league, 3D circut, it was fun for a while then turned into work! Plus I didn't feel like adding a new shelf for more trophys....:D Back to just having fun now, running a small archery shop out of my barn. I don't think any of the "top" manufactuers make a bad bow nowadays (Bowteh, Hoyt, Mathews, Ross, Alpine, etc. the list goes on...). Just like anything else, it just comes down to personal preference. 01 October - opening day archery in Michigan!!!

·
Registered
18,780 Posts
I do like the way you have the room set up. Very nice.:bthumb: You need 4 bows to kill deer with??:eek: :D I have since given up on the compound stuff and gone back to traditional. I have 2 long bows and 2 recurves. Much more fun to shoot. The compounds got to be boring for me. They are too much like shootin a tuned rifle. Hard to miss what your shootin at, and I just needed more of a challange.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do like the way you have the room set up. Very nice.:bthumb: You need 4 bows to kill deer with??:eek: :D I have since given up on the compound stuff and gone back to traditional. I have 2 long bows and 2 recurves. Much more fun to shoot. The compounds got to be boring for me. They are too much like shootin a tuned rifle. Hard to miss what your shootin at, and I just needed more of a challange.
Thanks for the cudos on the room - decorated by "Cabelas" -- I know what you mean about the wheel bows - I use by old trusty Bear Kodiak Magnum (hangin' above the window but you can't see it in the picture) too (after I have a few in the freezer already)....;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
All my others are locked in my safe. Besides, I have 2 German Shepards that patrol the house when nobody's home. If anyone can get by them and get away with my stuff they earned it!!! :D
I have a similar security system, too...except we added a pit bull mix. This is the crew ready to ride.....

·
Premium Member
1,137,362 Posts
My cousin used to fling arrows for Pearson on the circuit, maybe 20 or more years ago? B. beaudry, be in his early 60's now. Never got to see him shoot. Usually showed up for weddings and too many funerals.

·
Registered
18,780 Posts
My cousin used to fling arrows for Pearson on the circuit, maybe 20 or more years ago? B. beaudry, be in his early 60's now. Never got to see him shoot. Usually showed up for weddings and too many funerals.
Pearson had a slogan saying "Pearson Pays" which means that if you win any sanctioned event using one of their bows, they would pay you. One gut I used to shoot with was so good, he won the state shoot 4 years in a row. One year he decided to do something different since winning was getting boring. He set up a kids bow, and ended up winning with it. Pearson didn;t want to pay him because it was a kids bow, that he had very little money in. They ended up having to or face the false advertisement stuff. They did not specify any bow models, meaning it could be with any. I thought it was funny that he was so good he could win with a bow with a draw length 6" shorter than his normal draw length. Whatever it was, it worked for him.

Now theres a guy who shoots a Mathews and has a homemade hydrolic release that he made himself, and he shoots 300's with 59 or 60X's every time out. I think he is now on the Mathews Pro Team.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.