Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I got my rifle basix trigger in the mail yesterday and it took about 20 minutes to install and adjust, (not counting the phone call from my wife just as I was about to put a drop of grease on the sear as suggested in the instructions), anyway, I got it adjusted but did not have access to a trigger pull gauge. I made sure it was safe and would not jump safety from a sharp blow to the butt or by cycling the bolt real fast. I checked it today at a friends shop and it consistently broke at 1.25 pounds. I like it. I haven't really had a chance to shoot it for groups yet, but I know if it will shoot three shot groups that you can cover with a quarter at 100 yards with a crappy trigger then it's gotta do better with a 1.25 trigger pull. Any of you guys or gals out there with a Marlin that has not ordered the Rifle Basix trigger do it now!!! You'll be impressed. Oh, how do you go about posting pictures on this forum. I've got a digital camera so the picture is not a problem, I'm just not computer savy enough to know how to get em on here.

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not to overlook the Savage rimfire shooters, Bill.
I put one in my 22 WMR Striker with the same results. Forgot to grease (molli) the trigger tho, thanks for reminding me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a chance to shoot my Marlin .17V today with the Rifle Basix trigger. It is set at 1.25 pounds and it is amazing. I basically had to resight my rifle as I was shooting about an inch left and about a quarter inch low. This is weird as I was hitting with it out to 100 yards as it was. I guess you can get used to a crappy trigger and make it do but with the adjustable trigger set at a safe pull weight it is so much nicer. I shot some groups that I could put a dime over but did not measure them. I am really impressed.

Bill

·
Registered
16 Posts
Who sells the Rifle Basix trigger and

for how much? Anyone know the price on the Kidd 1022 triggers and who sells them? Their web site does not allow you to buy from them now. RR

·
Registered
29 Posts
trigger

I just installed Rifle Basix trigger on my Marlin .17vs and yes it is a nice piece. It took about 15 mins to install. The stock trigger just plain sucked. I was not as impressed by the price ($80), it looks more like a $25 to $35 piece. (Not that its made cheap, just not much in that ziplock baggy.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.