Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Revival Yukon ?s

303 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Boomer10
I recently purchased one of the Revival Industries black/yellow RFC Yukon stocks and while I'm very impressed with it I do have a few questions.

First, I put the receiver into the stock to see how everything would line up and I noticed that the scope seems to be too low now. Is it normal to go from an original wood stock to a Yukon stock and need to get higher rings for the scope (I've only had the original stock so far)?

Second, and this one doesn't really bother me that much (well, neither of the "problems" really bother me), but there are some spots on the stock that are supposed to be black but they're pretty white. Is this normal? Do I just have to add some more finishing oil? Unfortunately I don't have my camera right now, but I'll take some pictures as soon as I can to show the white/light spots.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the stock and the customer service at Revival Industries. Now I can't wait for my barrel to come in from Whistle Pig.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
I can not use Yukons because the cheeck peice is to high and I cant see through the scope. Because its a silhuet stock they are very high. the color iregularities are in the wat its laminated, I doubt refinishing will help all of mine have that to one degree or another. Usually its not to bad. if its too bad return it. be sure to post results when you shoot it let us know what your pig likes gest

· Registered
1,106 Posts
what size rings do you currently use. my scope is on mediums (44mm objective) and it lines up pretty good. if you are using low rings with a small diameter obj. scope this is why you are not lining up.

this is a perfect excuse to buy a new scope!! :D

· Registered
156 Posts
RX7-2nr said:
what size rings do you currently use. my scope is on mediums (44mm objective) and it lines up pretty good. if you are using low rings with a small diameter obj. scope this is why you are not lining up.

this is a perfect excuse to buy a new scope!! :D
...and buy a barracuda stock to go with the short rings, small diameter scope!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the scope is on low rings. The scope is fine, I'll just have to buy new rings.

J Beede, now why would I go out and buy a Barracuda when I have a perfectly good Yukon right now (and haven't even shot with it yet!)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.