Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a really hard time deciding between all the different makes and models of 17 M2 conversion barrels. I've just put the finishing touches on a 10/22 build and now all I need is the .17 M2 barrel to complete it (I've got a BC .22 bull/fluted on there now to tide me over). I haven't cut any corners on this build so I'm not going to cut any on the barrel. I want whatever will give me the best acurraccy and velocity w/ this caliber (if I have to sacrifice one of the two it will be the velocity if needed). I want this to be a single hole rifle at 50yds. atleast and real close to that at 100yds.

So given my agenda let me know what makes and models you guys have had the best performance w/. TIA.

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
SSS,

havent tried all of the kits, but my EABco ER shaw 18" ss bbl and cludgy bolt, randyized bolt and a blaster type stock will put 10 rounds at 50 yds in one ragged hole with one small flier. at 100, with 5 rounds, 3 will touch and two are "near" fliers. maybe other bbl makers will have better groups, but cant afford to try them all. lol. am satisfied with my kit.

you may wanna go to the 17hm2 forum and do some research, or ask the same que.
lots of guys here have a conversion kit in one form or other.

good luck on your quest.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
getting even clearer

You want the shortest barrel you can, as close to 16" as possible, the VQ THM Carbon Fiber barrel, 16.25", 1:9 twist, is the best shooting production barrel that I have seen. Both velocity and accuracy are proven to suffer as you continue to go longer in barrel length with this ammo. :t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.