Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking the local stores has turned up pretty much all the CCI stuff I would want, & finally located some Remington. Hornandy still hard to find, but looks like those who had on B/O from Ca****las will be happy within the next week or so. Prices sem to run about $10-11 per 50. Local store will sell 2 to 3 per day, depending upon his supply. Town about 35 miles N the guy charges $12.95 for what is on his shelf. He can keep it. Just curious what the going prices seem to be. Wally world gives me the "Welcome to Sears" vacant look when asked about HMR ammo. At least the local shops speak the language.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I see all three brands for $10 or less. There are cases of the CCI on the shelves but hard to find any Hornady or Remington.:(

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Just for kicks i checked out our local dunham sporting goods in harrisburg pa. They sell it for $15 a box when they have it. what i got a kick out of is both dunhams and dicks had the savage .17 on sale, but none had ammo for them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Found some today at local gunshop. $9.99 a box, didn't matter which brand. I got one of each type to try.

Nice seeing the three different colored boxes sitting there together. Well, considering the availability recently, more like shocking.

Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Think your self lucky

Hello all

You think you have got it bad, over here in th UK it is £12 for a box of 50 thats $20, but the big problem is getting the stuff have not been able to get any for teh last month:(

·
Registered
233 Posts
Re: Think your self lucky

Pyriel said:
Hello all

You think you have got it bad, over here in th UK it is £12 for a box of 50 thats $20, but the big problem is getting the stuff have not been able to get any for teh last month:(
I realize it would take a long time, but are folks in the UK allowed to mail-order ammo from the US and have it shipped? Are there legal problems?
Excuse my ignorance.
Best of Luck,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes

Yes there are over here we can not send explosive material through the post ie Bullets etc. and also to buy bullets we have to buy them in person and produce our certificat and have the quantity recorded on to our certificate with the dealers details. we are also limited to how much we can buy and hold at any one time which is also on our certificate along with the guns that you are alowed to have. I myself can only buy 200 rounds at a time and hold 300 max, it's a real pain but you have to do it to be able to shoot.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Does this apply to reloading components as well?

I am truly sorry for you and your countrymen. I hope it will improve.
As you suggested, I will henceforth think myself lucky, indeed.
It is too easy to take such things for granted...
All the Best,

·
Registered
16 Posts
I could not tell you about reloading as i do not do that, all i know is that to do reloading i think you need an explosives licence as well and a special place to store the powder, also they are limited to how much powder they can store at any time. That is about all i know on the subject. Its all complicated over here you need a licence for almost everything.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have been emailing a fellow in Africa who also complained about problems getting shooting supplies. I (ignorantly) offered to help him get what he needed.
He never responded to that offer, and after your response, I guess I know why...There is probably nothing I can do for him, and I guess he knew it. Sad...

Once again, I am counting my blessings here, and hoping things improve for those less fortunate...
Like John Lott says in his book "More guns, Less Crime"
Like Thomas Jefferson said "An Armed Society is a Polite Society"

All the best to you, Pyriel.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey, they let themselves get screwed out of their rights, just like we will if we don't support our organisations fighting to keep our rights!
NRA, GOA and several others, and don't just spend your money and sit back, be active, SPEAK OUT!!! Join a proactive club, OR be like our Brit and Aussie friends.
Sorry, I'm on a rant, I got a ticket this AM and am pissed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Amen, willymakit. My next gun-related purchase is going to be an NRA membership. I'd encourage others in my boat to do the same. I'm sorry I didn't join earlier. Got my first gun in April and don't want to lose it any time soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
One more thing, we must do our part to portray shooting and self-defense positively. I invite friends and people from work to go to the range with me. It's a good thing. Must spread the word.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mad,sounds like you shopped the gun store in alliance(12.95)where are you located?down here in Chadron myself,and would like to find more .17 ammo--local wally world says soon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dry River Valley

Happened to be in Alliance with time to spend, I usually end up finding something I gotta have. But passed on his ammo price. I can get less expensive at Deweys or even B-water. Big C has bunches of CCI, and a little Rem. So have finally got the chance to compare head to head. Just have to do a bit more paper punching to get it all dialed in.
Got a 223 & 243 in the same condition, getting behind. Then there's the muzzleloaders. Think I forgot the basic Murphy's law..If the enemy is in range, so are you. No wait, should be if it ain't broke, don't screw with it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I've had access to all three brands for a few months now, but local dealer is out of Rem's.

Rem's and Hornady run under $10/box. CCI's are just over $10/box. I shoot Hornady's exclusively for hunting, but itchin' to try CCI's on a groundhog.

steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.