Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone removed the barrel on their 452 :D ? Being a southpaw I have this crazy Idea of making a .17Mach2 with one of the 452LH .22 actions. I'm just researching this endevor and considering all the options. I was thinking about buying 2 452's one LH .22 and one RT .17mach2 and doing a barrel swap and selling the RT handed action with the .22 barrel. I currently have a 10/.17mach2 and enjoy the caliber.

Any thoughts?

Ryan

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
CZ barrels are threaded into the receiver. I have been told they are a very tight fit. You will need a barrel vise and an action wrench, possibly a torch to heat the receiver then you risk softening the metal on the receiver. So a better approach would be to chuck the barreled action in a lathe and take a relief cut into the barrel where it enters the receiver it will be easier to remove then. But now you have a scrap barrel.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Actually you could still use the barrel after making the relief cut. Just have to cut back the breech end, rechamber and make extractor cut. Of course it would make for some big gaps in the factory barrel channel, but you could fill that in with epoxy and it would probably look OK.

·
36,633 Posts
Why not just buy the LH and reline to 17M2? Liner from Brownells is $38 plus labor to drill the barrel. My Remington is very accurate with this combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.