Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Removing Scope rail?

525 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  frog5215
I tried to remove the factory scope rail but then there were holes in the top of the trigger housing. So I tried to just put the screws I took out of the rail in but they interfered with the bolt. So I assume the the gun is supposed to have shorter screws to plug the holes? Or did I just tighten them too tight?

Thanks,
Brian
I tried to remove the factory scope rail but then there were holes in the top of the trigger housing. So I tried to just put the screws I took out of the rail in but they interfered with the bolt. So I assume the the gun is supposed to have shorter screws to plug the holes? Or did I just tighten them too tight?

Thanks,
Brian
See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
521 Posts
I think you mean the receiver housing not the trigger housing. If you remove the scope rail, the screws for the scope rail will be too long for the receiver holes.

They take a specific little short filler screw used for sight holes. You can just leave the screws out with out too much concern.

Hope this helps.

Your friend, Chuckersgun.

· Registered
308 Posts
yea it wont affect shooting 22 ammo. theres a possibility gasses could come out if theres a case rupture, this would be of higher concern with a 17 mach 2 conversion though. id probubly not risk it with 22lr ammo either. best scenario is put the scope rail back on if your going to shoot until you can aquire some grub screws.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone I figured they should have shorter screw I just couldn't remember I bought it three years ago and must have lost them when I put on the scope mount. Sorry yea receiver I'm not the best with the terminology this was my first gun and I didn't grow up around them. I had only shot a handgun one time when I was like 12 before I bought this. I will try looking at the hobby store for them thanks for the idea.

Brian

· Registered
4,886 Posts
It is highly unlikely that an RC shop will carry the proper filler screws. RC's do not use the same 6-48 thread pitch as your rifle. Best to get them from Ruger or a gunsmith supply shop like Brownells.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.