Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for removing the rear ocular lens from a Weaver V22-A rimfire rifle scope ?

There are 2 slotted screws (on opposite sides of the ocular lens objective) about 1/2 inch behind the 3-6 power setting markings.

Is it just a matter of removing these 2 screws and then pulling the objective backward off of the scope body ?

I want to remove it because there are a couple of small brownish spots visible when you look thru the scope and I want to see if this is just small particles of debris that I can clean off of the inside of the rear objective lens. Yes, I have checked outside of both lens.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I removed the ocular objective by removing the 2 screws.

Cleaned the inside of the ocular objective - this did NOT fixed problem.

Brownish spots still visible once I put the objective back on the scope body.

Now here's what I don't understand.

I noticed that if I put the power X setting on the scope anywhere from 3X to 4X, I can see the brownish spots. However, once I change the setting anywhere from 4 1/2 to 6X, I can no longer see the spots, view and crosshairs are just as clear and clean as can be.

Seems to me that this would be exactly the opposite and that when the scope was on the HIGHER power settings would be when I would notice the brownish spots and not when it is set to the lower 3X to 4X power settings !!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I would take bug's advice. On a completely unrelated matter did you ever put a solid object like a quarter on the front lens of you scope and then look through the scope. Be careful with hard objects on the front of your scope.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would take bug's advice. On a completely unrelated matter did you ever put a solid object like a quarter on the front lens of you scope and then look through the scope. Be careful with hard objects on the front of your scope.
A coin the size of a quarter would completely cover the front lens of a Weaver V22-A scope (thus no light would pass thru the scope tube), so I would not see anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts