Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range today to shoot a box of Remington Golden Hollow Points. The rifle is new with a GM 18.5" barrel with only 400 rounds through it.
Most of my problems today were with the magazine jamming.
Almost every magazine jammed at the 5th or 6th round. The magazine is a new factory magazine with only 400 rounds through it.
About 1 in 30 were misfires, or jammed while feeding into the barrel.

Last week I shot 100 Remington Firebolts, 100 CCI Mini Mags and 100 CCI Velocitors.
The Firebolts fired and fed OK, but not as accurate as the Mini Mags.
The Mini Mags performed flawlessly and were the most consistant in regards to accuracy.
The Velocitors were all over the place with only 2 jams while feeding into the barrel.

Could my problem today have been the Hollow Point ammo?
Anyone else experience problems feeding HP ammo?

Any insight or advise is most welcome.

Thanks,
Arse

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think your problem is the Remington Golden Bullets, just not good ammo. The last time I fired it I had problems. I think I ended up removing a stuck case with a cleaning rod from the muzzle end. Didn't make me to happy.

For inexpensive bulk ammo try Federal champions or Win. Dynapoints, both will serve you well.

Good shooting
Gary

·
Registered
10 Posts
Remington Golden Bullet HP is the ammo that shoots the best out of my WW Special. Just yesterday I fired several dime sized groups at 25 yards, and had zero failures. I have tried many types of different ammo, and my tests have indicated that I should stick with the Golden Bullet as my standard ammo choice.

It is the Winchester Dynapoint that causes problems in my rifle, so it just goes to show you that each rifle can be different.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had some of those golden bullets once didnt like them,try CCI blazzers their pretty good plinkers.The dynapoints get a lot of press, they must be pretty good. I'v never used them,guess I'll have to give them a try when the blazzers run out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know that this is an older thread, but I just joined the forum and just got my first 10/22. I was searching for info on the Remingtom Golden HP's. So far (one 525 rd box) today in the brand new gun, I only had one dud and no other malfunctions.

·
Registered
217 Posts
scottmphoto said:
I know that this is an older thread, but I just joined the forum and just got my first 10/22. I was searching for info on the Remingtom Golden HP's. So far (one 525 rd box) today in the brand new gun, I only had one dud and no other malfunctions.
You have probably already noticed that Remington rimfire ammo does not get a lot of good reviews, here. In some cases these reviews may be justified. I am not sure that there is any "fix" for Remington Thunderbolts but their Sub-sonics and their Golden Bullets really seem to "perk up" after they have been judiciously run through a Paco tool and, in my experience, also sorted by weight. I suppose that sorting by rim thickness might be of some use, too. With a little bit of "love" Remington's Sub-sonics and Golden Bullets can be pretty respectable ammo if one is willing to live with a few FTFs and a bit of dirt. But, then, what can one expect "for cheap"?

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
i got a free box of 525 golden bullets, of which my gf and i have shot about half of through my 10/22. they do OK in that gun, but my other semi-auto (mossy 352kc) it jams up every other round. and they are discustingly dirty as well. ill stick to federal champion HV, they always shoot good and dont gunk up the action much at all. CCI blazers are also real good ammo, as well as most of the PMC stuff too. Ive never had much luck at all with remington rimfire ammo, their shotshells are the best however (especially for reloading:))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.