Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok give up the info if ya got any!
I screwed around long enough that the Ithaca I was lookin at was gone when I ventured back Saturday,....oh well.
But now have my sights on a Rem 41P original rear peep and hooded front sight, this was one of the longer barreled 22s I've seen.
Just wondering iffin these rifles tend to be accurate, servicable,etc...any info appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No info or comments????!!!
That's either good or bad. Bad cuz no one has one or any experience, or good cuz no one has one cuz they are not common!!
I'm lookin for different and this may fit the bill!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I've never owned one or shot one, but I've never heard anything bad about them. It might be a good shooter and it might not. But that's always the case, isn't it?

Off the top of my head, the 41 was one of the decent quality entry-level rifles(along with later guns like the 510,511,514, etc.) they made between the 30s and 1960 or so. They must have made hundreds of thousands of the Model 41 in all its variations, but like most reasonably priced guns they saw a lot of use - you know, youngsters with their first rifle or maybe from riding behind the seat of the farm truck.

John

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
As I remember, there isn't much difference between the 41 and 69 ...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
After thought .... Of all the 500 series rifles, the 69, and 41 , I particularly like the 513S ... Better trigger than the rest !

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
reddogge I defer to give up the location of my honey hole, but will tell ya I paid $130 in 90%+ condition.
I know the price was alittle high but I needed (ya right) this rifle!!
;)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
reddoggie ... There is one listed on on gunbroker, #9800826 , at $92.00 , no reserve, 17 hrs. left ...

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Passed

No problem,
I just saw one in Central PA a couple of weeks ago, handled it, and passed on it as I have to save my money for other guns now. Price was about the same. It was in nice shape with a nice patina on the metal. If I hadn't gone hog wild this spring with guns I would have bought it too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Every time I start saving my $$ for a gun I happen to find another!
Gonna head down to my parents with the wife and kids today for a cookout, and alittle shootin.:D
I'll post how we do with the Rem when I get back.
Hope everyone has a GOOD day!!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Priorities:

Swift;

It should have read BEER, burghers, and shooting.

All that cleared up, the 41P is a treasure. If the bore is good, and with the peep rear sight, it should, with ammo it likes and a little tweaking be a minute of "dime" rifle at 50 yds.

All that I have owned over the years have been excellent shooters. If you don't have to use a scope, as I do now, I would leave it in its unaltered factory condition and enjoy a real classic single shot .22.

Mac 1.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.