Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some remington high velocity shorts on accident (i thought they were standard velocity) well I was stunned how inaccurate, inefficient and inconsistant they were. They are supposed to be about 1096 fps velocity but the were way off. I could tell by the sound I wish I had a chronograph to reinforce my "data" but i dont have $ for one. The noise they made went from the "normal" loudish "snap" that it should be to a "pop" and ONE even went "CRACK". This is the second time ive sworn off remington ammo and this time its permanant. i would like to know if anyone else has the same problem with these shorts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Me too,and Winchester HV shorts do about the same.Aguila SE HV solids seem to have fewer flyers,best I'm using now is CCI Target,with CCI HP a fairly close second.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have found that Remington rimfire ammo is almost all junk except for some of the older target ammo they made for the military and some lots of the standard velocity target that comes in the plastic 100 round packs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.