Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with Remington Rimfire ammo with Misfires or duds?? I have had that problem with the golden ammo years ago so quit using it. Lately I bought a box of the 22 mag Premium VMax ammo and had a 9 misfires out of the box to me that is unaceptable and when you are paying 12 buck a box it is worse.How about the 17 shooters out there have you had any misfires with Remington ammo? I like the VMax bullet in the Remington ammo and it shot great accuracy wise but I would hate to depend on it for a hunting round if it misfires that many times out of a box of ammo. Jim

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds like an old lot to me. Remington discontinued them for awhile for this reason. Where did you buy them from? I have had some of the "new" ones and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I agree with gander!

If your Magnum is in good condition and clean.....

I would suspect the ammo.

Remington used the exact same packaging when they "re-introduced" the 2nd Generation "Premiers", so there is no
"easy" way to tell if you got a box of "old" NEW Premiers or "New" NEW Premiers.

Ya need to depend on your supplier, to know if ya got the "good" stuff!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I will see if I can find a box some where besides where I bought the last ones and see what they do. The gun I am shooting now is not the gun I had the misfires with. I am shooting a Henry now and it is very accurate and so far dependable. The gun I shot before was a Savage Striker and it was a fun gun but I hated the trigger and was too stubborn to put a replacement in the gun. I figure if Savage is so afraid of lawsuits fine but do not ask me to own one of your guns. I would buy a old gun in a minuete and maybe one of the new ones with the new triggers but I would not buy one of the ones with the crappy triggers. Jim

·
Registered
236 Posts
I shoot Remingtons all the time in fact Remington make my hunting round (Soft Points) I have had my .22 mag for a long time and to you just bringing this topic up I thought about it and I think I have never had a misfire with Remington Rounds, But I have had a few with CCI but never 9 out of 50 :eek:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
were you shooting the Remington Premier ammo ( that is what I had the misfires with) or were you shooting a other type of Rem ammo? Jim The premier's have the plastic ( Polymer) tip on them.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
WOW!!

This is an old topic that just got raised from the dead!

Uncle Sam, That last post was from May 2003.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if someone ran across a box of those horrendous "1st Generation" Premiers.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Only two duds I ever had were Remingtons. A .22 LR and a .243 Win. To me that's two too many. I'll only buy it now for .22 plinking (if it's on sale REALLY cheap)

Dennis

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
It's funny that this thread was pulled back up, because just yesterday, a cousin of mine in Colorado emailed me about Remington duds. She had been buying and shooting them (long Rifle) right along and then poof. two boxes that are chock full of duds.

She said she has written to Remington but hasn't heard anything back yet (good luck) :rolleyes:

I haven't bought any golden bullets for a while, but have never had a misfire problem with them before. Apparently the quality control department is closed for inventory.

Ron

·
Registered
746 Posts
I've only had 1 golden bullet that absolutely failed to fire. (just to add my 2 cents) alas I'll never buy that crap again. I"ll spend a few more $$ for ammo that actually hits something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.