Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You DO NOT want this. You’d rather buy a Timney trigger for your old Model 788.
But just in case I’m wrong, here is a mint condition factory take off trigger from a circa 1975 Remington model 788.
When I say mint condition, I mean it still has the original heavy pull weight, long take up, and gritty release. Just like brand new.
First person to claim it must PM me their address before their luck runs out completely. Then listen for the mailman’s laughter and you’ll know it has arrived.
Wood Tool Reptile Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
339 Posts
HaHa.... I agree with you on that statement! I sold my 1972 Rem 788 .223 because a much better trigger would have cost more than the $99 I originally paid new for it. Plus I'm a lefty and the rifle was a righty and I just got tired of fooling with it.
The good thing was it was surprisingly accurate even with the very heavy trigger pull.
But it is nice of you to offer it as a PIF because someone out there may know how to make it a better trigger. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HaHa.... I agree with you on that statement! I sold my 1972 Rem 788 .223 because a much better trigger would have cost more than the $99 I originally paid new for it. Plus I'm a lefty and the rifle was a righty and I just got tired of fooling with it.
The good thing was it was surprisingly accurate even with the very heavy trigger pull.
But it is nice of you to offer it as a PIF because someone out there may know how to make it a better trigger. :)
My 788 was in .223 and very accurate, but the trigger squeeze was often interrupted to check the safety.
Nope, safety is off…

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
Gotta love the 788. Almost the cheapest centerfire around at that point (Savage 340 was by a couple bucks) but was more accurate than many of the most expensive. I honestly think Remington discontinued it because it out shot the 700 for a 1/3 of the price. I'll never sell my .223 rifle and 7mm-08 carbine. Nice PIF. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts