Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has carpal tunnel and finds the standard plastic stock on my 597 uncomfortable, due to the way she has to bend her wrist. Because of this (and for no other reason - I swear that looking cool has nothing to do with this) I'd like to put on a thumb-hole or pistol-grip stock that would keep her hand a more natural angle.

I've found Boyd's stocks for the 597, and Remington's yellow-laminate stock (which isn't to my taste), but that's about it as far as 3rd party goes.

Does any one out there know of any other options I might have, hopefully for less than $150.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Well,

As many know the 597 doesn't have a huge following...yet so the stock market (or anything else for that matter) isn't that large.

However, if you don't mind finishing a stock yourself (and waiting for 5 months) you can get a TAC Driver from Richard's...UNFORTUNATELY for a little over $150 with a buttpad installed.
http://www.rifle-stocks.com/silhouette.htm

Mine came to $168.50 w/ S/H
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188041&highlight=tac-driver

I love it and even though it's not as pretty as it could be if a pro finished it I'm happy with it so far. The feel is perfect and I'll be getting another one in the future for my 2nd 597 project.

Scott

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Dicks Special Target model

If you live near a Dicks Sporting Goods store you could check out the newest in the 597 lineup. It is a 597 heavy barrel in a thumbhole stock with a carbon fiber painted barrel. They call it a carbon dipped barrel, but it is just a painting technique. It is a great looking gun and it is only $349. You could sell your synthetic 597 and upgrade to this. My heavy barrel 597 shoots very very very well.

Dicks Special. (this photo is El Sipo's... a new forum member)

·
Registered
56 Posts
First attempt at stock building involved an ATI ar-15 style stock mated to the factory modified (cut) stock. Its not the smoothest, but it fits well. Cost about $60 and a little bit of time.

So let me get this strait Grant, you set yours up to have this COOL looking AR stlye stock for just 60 bucks?!?!? Because that's exactly what I want to do with mine! Partially for the cool factor (evil lookiing black gun with pistol grip) and also for making the LOP (Lenght Of Pull) adjustable so that my 9 yr old Daughter and Wife can use it easily as well. Your butt stock might not be adjustable but I'm sure I can find one that is if it isn't? So where and how did you do this? Details....Details.....:D Tech me oh master! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.