Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very cool and extremely informative site.I had just bought a heavy barrel 597 laminated rifle.I came across this forum about a day or two ago and cannot express enough, how much insight and bits of knowledge about this particular gun i have learned.
Right out of the box,I found it to be a great shooter and no troubles unlike other readers.My next modification that I do agree with anyone on is reducing the unreally heavy trigger pull.As far as ammo is concerned,I fed it about 600 rounds of cheap Federal solid points.Dollar for dollar I think this is a good gun for anyone who is considering purchasing one.I am also just in the waiting for my new 10/22 to get here,and will keep you posted on which I think(just my opinion only)is the better gun.I hope that my views can help others(like myself)make the choice of which one they would buy.:cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have both, and I'm divided among them. They're both great rifles with ups and downs, but the Ruger does feel more solid as well as compact in factory config. For this reason, my 597 carries a 3-9x40, while the 10/22 has a red dot.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10/22 and 597 a toss-up

I replaced the ejector in my 597 with offset type and took it to the range today.Not a lick of trouble with it at all.Still have to do the trigger swap.
The Ruger,I had put a bolt buffer in it.That was the only mod for now.Both guns were fed about 400 rounds a piece and no problems at all.All I used was bulk federals from Wally-World.I agree that both guns have their ups and downs,so it would be a pretty tough call on which one is better.All in all, I think they are both excellent firearms so I guess it would be up to someone to buy whatever one they choose.I am not all that experienced in firearms(especially 22's)so I don't really have an opinion on which is better.I have shot them both equally as much now and still would not make a choice.:t :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.