Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the new acquisitions at my favorite gun shop today and noticed he had a Remington 572 Fieldmaster in Like New Condition. Fortunately, I had my hands on it when the "Remington" customer walked in. I quickly hid it from sight and waited for him to leave before inquiring about the rifle. The price seemed very reasonable based on its new condition ($175). It's in his back storeroom now with my name and "sold" written on the tag.

Now, since I am a novice to rimfires and really know very little about this rifle, other than what I've found on this forum, can anyone tell me if this is a good rifle and the price reasonable?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
They are nice rifles and that seems like a very good price for one that is like new.

I had one for a while. We have a rapid fire rimfire match at my club in which the manual repeaters can compete against the autos due to handicapping. The 572 was a gamer in this match. Unfortunately, I am a big ole boy and in working the slide so vigorously during competiton, I bent the operating bar twice.

Just take it easy when cycling the action and it should last forever.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Over the past couple of months I have put 1800 rounds of LR thru a 572 Fieldmaster.
Mine is coppertan color with an aluminum reciever and barrel with a steel sleeve. The brl is 23". Im not an experienced shooter but I like it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have an older Fieldmaster and I love it! Shooting a .22 pump has to be the most fun you can have with a plinkin' rifle! I refinished the stock on mine and am in the process of replacing the factory open sights with a receiver peep and ramped post front sight. The rifle reliably feeds and fires everything I feed it. I believe some people hate the 572. I think it's because they expect match grade accuracy out of them or something, because I love the heck out of mine! :1luvu:

Good luck with the new rifle! :t

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bought a 572 in Nov. in the smoothbore(shoots shotshells) beyond that it's just like the rifle.This was a special run with only 500 being made.The only complaint i have with it the metal is kind of rough,in fact i'm sending it back to the factory to have it redone the wood on it is beautiful like you would expect from Rem. but the metal don't match the wood at all. Gn Luver

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought the 572

This is a nice little rifle! Plinking around off-hand at 25yards, I was able to unload a full tube of 22LR into a shoot-n-see 3" circle with all shots. Made a surprisingly tight but vertical string on the circle. I am so impressed with this little rifle, I may pick up a second one. I have two young boys sharing a Marlin 15YN right now, but it won't be long before they are moving to a larger rifle...and want "their own". The same dealer now has a 572 with the monte carlo stock and a 3-9x scope. It's used and I think he's asking $240.

I'm making a range this weekend to do some housecleaning. I.E. load the back of the vehicle with a bunch of firearms you haven't fired lately...test them for accuracy and function, then unload those which don't meet the standard. Hence, make room for another 572...and possibly that 511 that has been sitting in his racks too long.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
They're great rifles and you got a deal on yours. New ones should be between $300 and $400. Lately I've been using mine with rat shot for household pest duty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.