Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't think of the name of the stuff to save my life! Has this round been good food for Maggits??? Lend me your expertise!

Sincerley,
GAU-2

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Remington "Premiers"

33gr. "green" Hornady V-Max "Poly-tips"

IMHO, Just as good as those OSSI Custom Varmints and less than half the price.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Poor pic, but, good enough.

This is @75 yds on a USBR target sheet. (one of my "dang! That won't happen again, for a looong time, days)

Measuring the "Worst Edge" it's about 3/8". (5-shots)

Volquartsen Magnum and Remington "Premiers".

·
Registered
316 Posts
I love the Remington 33gr V-Max ammunition. It shoots great out of my Marlin 25MN and has great terminal performance on the critters. If you looking for a Varmint round this is a great choice. I have been very pleased with these bullets.

mcb

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I've had good luck with the Remington Premier rounds, but quit shooting them as much once I got my .17 HMR.

The old 40 grain CCI hollow point rounds do very well for me out of both my 77/22M and 10/22M, and cost less, so I've mostly gone back to that round for them.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
There you go, ski!

I'm hoping that it stays this time!

Let me know if you have any other suggestions/problems/concerns.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
$13/box! sheeeeet!

danurve,

You're being robbed! And you got the gun!

I'm getting them for $8.50 (by the brick). From a local dealer, including tax.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I get mine for $9.99 at the local Gander Mountain. I can find them cheaper online but you have to buy a whole bunch to make it truely cheaper after figureing in shipping cost. The Gander Mountain is close and cheap enough. I don't do alot of target shooting with my 22WMR so a few boxed last me a long time.

Later
mcb

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sportsman's Warehouse (NW chain) is selling them at $8.50 per box - same price ski mentioned, but without having to buy a brick. They have bricks also, but I've never priced them this way.

Zircon

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
retiredsquid,

Steve's Guns (Steve Eidson)
5337 S. Campbell #E
Springfield, MO

417-889-4867

He always has, at least, one brick in stock just for me.

Call him, He'll order 'em, if I grabbed them, first. ;)

Need directions? How ya gonna drive up, on 65?

Edited to add:

He's located in the southern outskirts of Springfield, halfway between us and Nixa. Very easy to get to, ya don't have to come "into town".

·
Registered
870 Posts
Ski,
Thanks for the info. My dad and I will be going to Westley Richards (he has an old SXS on consignment there) and then over to Bass Pro in 3 weeks. We drive up Highway 37 to Monett and then Highway 60 into Springfield. We can stop by Steve's on the way home and take a look.
Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
One more thing.....

retiredsquid,

I just got back, from Steve's.....

He's got 4 cases (as of 20 min. ago). 12:05 10/12/02

He does suggest that you call ahead to make sure he still has some.

He's located exactly 1.3 miles south of the Rt. 60/ S. Campbell interchange. "James River Center", a small "U"-shaped strip mall.

·
Registered
661 Posts
ski,

Hey you might be happy to know I stumbled upon a gunshop not far from camp, that carries the Remington v-max rounds for just over $9 a box. The place is nice, "The Fur Shed" just north of Weedsport of exit 40 on I-90. They also can take care of tanning and are into reloading supplies. Winchester supreme's and fmj's @ 6-7 a box etc. The place even carries Federal 22wmr ammo! Old mean lookin guy runs the place, but he's actually cool. His dog is friendly too, it just likes to sneak up behind you and sniff your butt first.
Was lookin at the pic on page one, that's some fine shooting. Do you feel that 75-80 yards is a more realistic range to sight in a 22 mag?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.