Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a Remington 12cs Spc. A.K.A. WRF in roughly 75% condition for $300.00.Does anyone have any info on this rifle and is this a fair price.Any help would be greatly appreciated.(gn luver) Max W.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Max,

Sounds a little high to me for a 75% gun.
There have been enough production runs of the old WRF ammo to make it more available now than 10 years ago. As far as the Model 12s go, it's a good solid design and I haven't had any trouble with any of mine, including the CS.
Mine isn't the most accurate gun around, but I think it may need to be re-crowned.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Grandparem,You must have been right i bid the guy $250.00 on it and he sold the Rem.12cs to me. I checked with Ammotogo befopre i bid and they do have the WRF ammo available,there's also a sporting goods store here who has it @ $5.99 for a box of 50 Win. CCI is $1.00 higher.Thanks very much for the response this was heipful,i'll let you know how it shoots.(gn luver) Max W. Ne.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Good luck with the "new toy". Mine isn't all that nice of a gun but I had to have one. It was pretty rough looking when I bought it so got it cheap. Cleaned up it is about a 65-70% gun.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Grandparem, Well i've already shot it and it seems to function O.K. i've always wanted one of these Rem. .22 Spcs. since i was growing up on a farm down in Mo. a lot of the older guys were always talking about there .22 Spcs.of course i was to young and poor to get one,so i'm taking myself back in time.I remember one guy came over to our farm to rabbit hunt and he had just bought a new 12cs i asked if i could touch it and he let me shoot it,one of those times you don't forget.It took another 60 years for me to get mine.Thanks G.P. for your responses (gn luver) Max W.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Problem is that HV long rifles are as potent or more than WRFs are, so they fell out of favor many years ago. Too bad they didn't speed them up a little instead of introducing the .22 Mag.... oh well, just like in todays world.... they keep introducing new cartridges to sell more guns, eg.: the new .17s, .204 Ruger, etc. No real need for them but gun magazines hype them for the companys and someone will buy them.
BTW, I shoot WRFs in the .22 mag. cylinder of my Ruger Single Six... work just fine and then I can carry it with CCI magnum shot shells in 2 holes and 3 WRFs in the others (it's an old 3 screw so carry one empty).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Grandparem,You got that right they had just came out with the .17HMR and then they were out with two or three other .17s.That is interesting about the old ruger s.s. i didn't know they would chamber the WRF in .22mag.I have an abundant supply of WRF ammo i bought to use in my Win. 1890.I'll have to try that i have an old single six that has two cylinders .22mag. and .22lr its also a three screw,i also have a N.I.B. single six the mag. cylinder is stillin the velvet bag i bought this one in 1967.I guess us gun guys do some crazy things i bought them both about the same time one used one new of course the new one has never been fired.Always nice to hear from you G.P. (gn luver) Max W. Ne.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.