Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Here is what I have gathered from the 597. Though the receiver is "pot metal" there should be no concern about stressing the receiver. The barrel mounting on the 597 is far superior to a 10/22. I floated my barrel clear to the receiver. I asked Volquartsen about this when I ordered my carbon fiber barrel from them.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Stra - I don't know yet!!!! I have about 2-3 more finishes to put on my Boyds Ross Thumbhole before I throw it all together! I think it is going to look fantastic and hope it shoots even better. Keep a watch on the Remington forum as I will post my pictures there in about 2 weeks. Laters.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yeah, mine is a pepper laminate that I bought unfinished for like $80 from Boyds as they discontinued them. You should be able to get one from Boyds as soon as they get their custom shop up and running though. Wait till you see this bad boy put together, it looks awesome!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
OOOOOOHHHH Stracat, I just checked Boyd's and they still have a pepper finished and a Nutmeg unfinished! Just trying to help you spend your money!!!:D :D :D Just givin ya heck, the laminate stock you have is nice

Woodswalker, BTW when mine was still in the factory configuration I just took a dowel of the appropriate size and sanded away until it was TRULY free floated. As a matter of fact I still have my factory synthetic stock if you want to purchase it, as it would be MUCH easier to send me cash rather than to sit and sand for like 15 minutes.:D

·
Registered
504 Posts
I used the Leupold one-piece base and rings for my scope. You are right though, don't over torque those receiver screws or you will strip them out. Some of us learned the hard way. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.