Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've really become addicted to this forum, and hope you guys don't mind a question outside "rimfire". I've been looking for a reloading press on "E-Pay", and does anyone know if there is a difference between a "Rock Chucker" and a "Rock Chucker 2"?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
YES there is a little difference but I don't know all the details....they made some changes to the linkage on the JR version and changed to the "2" on the press.....it was to fit the handle assy in the linkage differently.....they have a new just released version that has a larger ram length for the super size cartridges......call RCBS and ask them for the details they are fantastic to deal with........and the RCBS presses are very nice and last forever with just a little cleaning of the ram and lube..........I love to reload and handload but the rimfire is still a first love.....good luck and good shooting!!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Go20Ga - Welcome to RFC

Good advice there Bigdaddy. :t

RCBS makes good equipment.

I have had a Rockchucker for about
30 years,still good as new,after
thousands of rounds.:)

If you find a use one buy it,its good as new. They just don't wear out.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Go20Ga......

The main observeable difference on the more recent rockchucker is that the head of the press that you screw the dies into has a larger threaded insert that the dies go into. This can be removed to install the "piggyback unit" to turn the press into a progressive.

The insert also means as mentioned earlier that you may move upto bigger dies as an example in that type of Rockchucker you can get dies to reload 12ga. I'm not certain but I think it will also take .50 BMG.

I have one of the older RCBS presses and if faced with the need to purchase a new press it would be a good choice.

My press was used and must be at least 25 yrs old, still like new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.