Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Natchez has a lot of "refurbished" scopes for sale. Are these customer returns to Natchez? Customer returns to the scope manufacturer? Brand new scopes that have had a minor problem corrected? Older scopes that have been returned or traded in?
Any other place to look for "refurbished" scopes?
It seems to me that a scope that has been "refurbished" by the manufacturer would have a higher level of quality control than a scope off of the assembly line.
If I can get a higher brand quality scope for my money with the same factory warranty it seems like a no-brainer.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Refurbished

OneHole,
It seems to me that a scope that has been "refurbished" by the manufacturer would have a higher level of quality control than a scope off of the assembly line.
If we were talking just manufacturing / assembly defects, you would be correct; for example, a "refurbished toaster"....! ! :)

However, many of these "refurbished" scopes have design or material defects that are being 'fixed' with more of the same 'defective design and material'.......! ! :eek:

Look at some of the threads regarding "Tasco" or "BSA" warranty repairs: "my scope has been back three times, and it still has the same problem......! ! " :mad:

These people ["ABO"] are just putting 'new defective parts' into the scope and retuening it; there is NO fix for a defective design or defective materials.....! ! Everything in stock is defective....! !

"You pays your money, you takes your chances....! ! " :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have heard that a lot of these scopes come from the marts in states with short hunting seasons. A hunter buys a scope hunts 2 weeks and returns it. The store can't sell it again and sends it back to the manufacturer. Natchez shooters supply had a truckload of Bushnell Banner 6x18x50 scopes for $69.00 last summer and that scope is one of Walmarts biggest sellers. I would still be wary of buying a refurbished scope made in China.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.