Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Redfield International Rear Sight Question

1659 8
I have a Redfield International Rear Sight that fits the Win 52D and Rem 40X receivers.

It is marked Redfield International Match.

My question is, were the Redfield International rear sights made in two versions, an International and an International Match version? Or are all Internationals sights the Match sight?

Thanks
Earl
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Earl,

Here is what "Old Gunsights" says.

Redfield International Target Receiver Sight, Introduced in the original 1/4 - minute micrometer click adjustment version in 1957.

In 1960, Redfield introduced the International Mark 8 target sight. It was identical to the standard International target sight, with the exception that it offered 1/8 - minute micrometer click adjustments.

International target sights are marked "INTERNATIONAL" or "INTERNATIONAL MARK 8" on top of the sight tang, or the top of the windage arm. The slide is marked "REDFIELD" in block letters.

There is no mention of an "INTERNATIONAL MATCH" except on the paperwork that describes both of these sights. IT is entitled "REDFIELD INTERNATIONAL MATCH METALLIC SIGHTS".

I hope this helps. Yours should either be 1/4 or 1/8 minute adjustment depending on whether it is a Mark 8 or not.

T

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keeley

Thanks for the info. I am still not sure what I have. I will post some pictures this evening.

Mine is marked "REDFIELD" on the left hand side of the elevation post. It is also marked "REDFIELD International MATCH" on three rows of lettering on the long horizontal flat area just above the attaching screw.

I don't know for sure if it is 1/8 or 1/4 min click adjs. The elevation vernier is marked from 0 to 60 and the elevation knob is marked 0,1,2 with four clicks between each number.

The windage knob is marked the same as the elevation knob and the windage vernier is marked with a 0 in the middle and six bars on each side of the 0.

Earl

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have that same sight on my model 70 match rifle. It has 1/4 minute clicks, as does the Olympic sight on my 52. An earlier post mentioned International sights with 1/8 minute clicks, I have heard of those but am not familiar with them. They do exist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.